Can I use 7.1-channel AV amplifier for 5.1 speakers?

Dramaqueen

Can I use 7.1-channel AV amplifier for 5.1 speakers? First of all, the channels of the AV amplifier are backward compatible, which means that even if your AV amplifier has 32 channels, you can still use 5.1 channel speakers.

Then, the number of speakers is generally affected by personal needs, room environment and shape, such as the sofa against the wall, or the room is flat, the width direction projection, the surround back speakers cannot be installed, but it does not affect your choice of better quality speakers.

7.1-channel AV amplifier

7.1-channel AV amplifier for 5.1 speakers
The number of channels of the AV amplifier is greatly limited by the grade. That is to say, the better the quality of the AV amplifier, the more the number of channels. Correspondingly, if you want to buy a 5-channel AV amplifier, Basically only buy the lowest-end ones. Therefore, I personally recommends that, from the perspective of collocation, do not care about the number of AV amplifier channels, just enough, you should pay more attention to the decoding ability, tuning level and "thrust" of the AV amplifier.