Developer reveals that the next Xbox Series X is 4 times faster than Xbox One!

mtn328

Recently, foreign media interviewed Mike Rayner, technical director of The Coalition, The developer of The Series of Gears of War, and he revealed a lot of exciting information about The next generation Xbox Series X from The perspective of developers.

"With Xbox Series X, we were able to reduce [gears of war 5] load times by more than four times without changing any code," says Mike Rayner. And with the new DirectStorage API and hardware decompression capabilities, we can further improve I/O performance and reduce CPU consumption, which enables faster load times."

In other words, what Mike Rayner means is that an Xbox ONE game will load four times faster on an Xbox Series X, intact, with room for further optimization.

That's thanks, of course, to the Xbox's custom NVMe SSD, which is up to 2.4 GB/s, though not nearly as fast as the PS5's 5.5 GB/s.

In addition, Mike Rayner praised the performance of the Xbox Series X: "we expected the Xbox to leap-forward in CPU, GPU, and storage performance with each generation, and the Xbox Series X has far exceeded those expectations. As a developer, the large number of I/O improvements on the Xbox Series X are exciting and far beyond my expectations."

It has been suggested that Microsoft may unveil its new Xbox in May, but we'll see.

Xbox