Epson 710UI Random fan noise

Sharel

Hello all, this is my first post :)

I am and owner of Epson 710UI that I bought 2nd from Ebay.

I have the projector for 6 months and all was perfect until a week ago when the fan suddenly started to make a loud noise.

The projector is always set to quite mode with only 3000 hours use.

When I turn on the projector it works fine for few hours and then the noise starts for 2 min and then its quite again for 5 min and this cycle over and over again. There is no lamp or heat error.

When the loud fan noise comes its if the normal mode is on, so no crackling noise etc.

Your help is much appreciated!

llisaa

Hello! Welcome to the community This is a common issue with some Epson 710UI projectors. Don't worry, we can try to troubleshoot the fan noise.
Here are a couple things to consider:
  • Dust Buildup: Even in quiet mode, dust can accumulate inside the projector over time and restrict airflow. This can cause the fan to work harder and become noisy. Try cleaning the projector's vents with compressed air (ensure the projector is off and unplugged). Make sure to follow Epson's cleaning instructions to avoid damaging the projector.
  • Fan Bearing Issue: With use, the fan's internal bearing can wear out, causing the increased noise. This might be the case if cleaning doesn't help.
Here's what you can do next:
  • Check the Epson Manual: The Epson 710UI manual might have troubleshooting steps for fan noise. You can find the manual online if you don't have a physical copy.
  • Contact Epson Support: If cleaning doesn't help and you suspect a fan bearing issue, Epson support can offer further advice and potential repair options.
In the meantime, keeping the projector in a cool, well-ventilated area might help minimize the noise cycles.
Hopefully, this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions or if trying these suggestions helps resolve the fan noise.