Freaky Friday 2003 review: how to treat the generation gap

vivian334

Freaky Friday i, a 2003 American fantasy-comedy film directed by Mark Waters and written by Heather Hach and Leslie Dixon, based on Mary Rodgers' 1972 novel of the same name.

This is the first time I've watched the movie--Freaky Friday, and I felt a great feeling after seeing it. The movie says about the generation gap between the young daughter and the stubborn mother. At the very start, the mother often has rows with her daughter in terms of numerous kinds of aspects such as studying, dressing, music, approach to life and something like that in life. But after their mutual exchange of their bodies, like a marvelous fable, and take place a lot of amusing things in the life of the mother and the girl, they gradually learn to be aware of each other from different angles and finally they forgive each other, which is a happy ending. I think the film is educative for us. Because as a matter of fact, it tells about the universal domestic problem--the generation gap between parents and children.

1586511491118.png

Nowadays we can't ignore that the generation gap between parents and children is increasingly serious, and gradually becomes one of the most significant topics in society. We can easily see a mother and her daughter or a father and his son quarrel on the street. And it is quite common for us to see one of children run away from home owing to such a trivial matter like an argument with his father about playing computer games for a long time or a quarrel between the daughter and her mother on account of the difference in attitude to learning or communication with boys. In addition, there are a large number of similar phenomena mentioned above.

From my point of view, it is inevitable that there is a generation gap between parents and children since time flies fast without waiting anyone and brings great changes to the world but people's ideas are hard to transform. As a result, when our youth's thoughts are novel, our parents are still stuck in the past ideas. And our practice which is common to us often surprises our parents even makes them angry. So conflicts come.

As far as I'm concerned, it's possible to ease the generation gap and try to avoid conflicts with parents as far as possible. For instance, our children need to try to stand in the parents' side of situation and parents are supposed to give children a little more understanding. We should communicate with our parents about our problems and what's more, parents need to listen more to children.

In a word, parents and children need to communicate with each other frequently and untie the confusion from each other and live together in harmony.

Last edited:

vivian334

An overworked mother and her daughter do not get along. When they switch bodies, each is forced to adapt to the other's life for one freaky Friday.