Have you heard about the educational and medical value of Super Mario Games?

PeterWint

Have you heard about the educational and medical value of Super Mario Games? Do you know that the Super Mario has a significant effect on promoting cognitive ability? It has been used to delay and prevent dementia and other neuronal degeneration symptoms, and it also has certain functions to exercise hand-eye coordination and small motor skills.

educational and medical value of Super Mario Games

1. Cognitive promotion function (level 4)
Super Mario is a game that is easy to get started but difficult to master. As the difficulty increases, players need to use more and more complex cognitive activities and strategies to accomplish the game. In this process, mental skills in observation, analysis, simulation, and problem solving are required. These operations are based on the use of a number of basic cognitive abilities, resulting in cognitive effects. These cognitive promotion effects have been widely confirmed by academia. Previous studies have observed that Super Mario can cause benign changes in the player's brain structure. The right hippocampus tissue (HC), right dorsolateral prefrontal cortex (DLPFC) and bilateral cerebellar gray matter (GM) were significantly increased. In addition, Super Mario can increase the eye movement suppression ability of the elderly and strengthen the frontal nerve cells, which can be used to prevent dementia.

2. Skills and behavior training function (level 3)
Super Mario player directs Mario’s actions through the handles or other controllers, and overcomes obstacles by running, jumping, and stepping on to defeat or avoid enemies. The opponent's eye coordination requirements are high. Some research attempts to use Super Mario to train and restore small movement skills have also achieved good results. For example, a study found that even without the practice of stacking paper cups, after playing Super Mario, people's performance in stacking paper cups still improved significantly.

3. Functional efficiency (level 4: easy to use)
The content of Super Mario revolves around the modes of observation, thinking and action. The content is compact and the overall functional efficiency is high. Most Mario games are rated E, that is, children can use it. Super Mario is also not a serious game designed specifically for these functions, and its focus on academia mainly stems from the broadness of the audience, and its training effect should not be exaggerated.

To sum up
Super Mario game content suitable for all ages can be used for cognitive function training of all ages and prevention of neuronal degenerative diseases. It is recommended that the daily use time be controlled between half an hour and forty minutes.

Melissa Milan

Very interesting discussion. In my opinion, every product that can be used for an educational purpose has its own value.

Tornado

I've come to the realization that any educational resources can be highly beneficial when used effectively. For instance, my recent discovery of Research Guide has significantly eased my learning process. Embracing the right tools has empowered me to make the most of my educational journey.

Last edited: