Horizon Pro Mounting Distance

UsaKye

Hi All,
Have just had a Horizon Pro installed in my theatre room and the installer mounted it 3300mm from the 110” fixed frame screen. Projector Central recommended 2920mm. Will the 380mm between the 2 make much difference to the quality of image? Thanks!

The distance between the projector and the screen can indeed affect the image quality in a few ways. While a 380mm difference might not drastically impact the image quality, it can still have some consequences. Here are a few things to consider:

Image Size: The distance between the projector and the screen determines the size of the projected image. By positioning the projector closer to the screen, you might end up with a slightly larger image than intended. This can cause some parts of the image to extend beyond the screen borders, resulting in loss of information.

Image Focus: The focal length of the projector lens is designed to achieve optimal focus within a specific throw distance range. If you move the projector farther away from the screen than the recommended range, you may encounter some focus issues. The image might appear slightly blurred or lose sharpness.

Keystone Correction: Keystone correction is a feature in projectors that helps correct image distortion caused by projecting from an angle. However, excessive keystone correction can introduce some image artifacts, such as slight geometric distortion or loss of image clarity. If the projector is mounted farther away, you might need to use more keystone correction, potentially affecting the overall image quality.

sai

I bought a 100 "screen and placed it 3m away from the projector, which felt great.
But I've heard from others that VIVIDSTORM's screen is a bit bigger than other brands'. So I'm not sure if your 110-inch screen placed 3.3 meters away from the projector will be too large to cause the screen to be out of range. I suggest you check with the manufacturer of the projector or screen.