How to understand the specification of the three AV amplifier

Wyatt21

To be honest, the AV power amplifier has two pits. One is a very long specification table, and 80% of the functions and interfaces may not be used, which makes the screening behind me waste a lot of time.

output power

The other is the output power. Onkyo, Tianlong and Yamaha have roughly three levels of products in the 7.2-channel type. The main differences are the power level, the number of HDMI interfaces and the accuracy level of the acoustic calibration function. The power of the AV amplifier is not different according to different description methods. I directly quote the analysis of others (irf540):

the specification of the three AV amplifier

Generally speaking, Japanese power amplifiers will be marked with a large power, such as 170,180, or even 215 watts, telling you that each channel can be so high power, but there will be a bracket behind it, telling you the test method, 1KHz single frequency, And the distortion is as high as about 1%, and only one channel can be opened to achieve such a high!​
Actually, the total effective power (full-band low distortion) is basically: low-end machine 50-70, mid-end machine 70-90, High-end machine 90-100. Of course, such a high-power general family is enough.​
My room is 4 meters deep. The speaker is 3.3 meters from the emperor position. I count it at 4 meters (-12 dB). When each speaker inputs 1 watt, it is generally 88 dB. The sensitivity, also has a loudness of 76 decibels, is already a very loud sound, but the output of 90 watts, the dynamics are a bit less, the power is from 1 to 90 watts, the sound pressure level is increased by about 20 decibels, 76 + 20 = 96 decibels The total dynamics (high sound quality), and considering the doubling of the power of one or two speakers, obtain a dynamic range of 99 dB.​
I remember the sound card dynamic at home is between 80-90, some excellent sound cards are more than 90, and excellent decoders can reach more than 110, so these amplifiers at least after the level just surpassed HDAudio, to achieve the full expression of high quality Complete level of independent sound card. It is indeed enough.​