Hue lighting questions

mohar

So we have approx 40 ish light bulbs or devices in our home on hue (waste of money I'll never do it again) wife wanted outdoor color so just hooked up two sets of outdoor landscape flood lights omegle xender

My phone can connect to either my 5G or 2.5 g network on my phone Neither will connect to the lights. Inputting the serials numbers are useless Hue customer support is like Verizon useless

Any ideas ? Feels like a waste of almost $600 I just spent for garbage

Last edited:

Billy889

there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:
  1. Check Network Compatibility: Ensure that your Hue lights are compatible with both your 5GHz and 2.4GHz networks. Some smart devices might only connect to one of these bands. Check the product specifications or user manual for information on supported network frequencies.
  2. Separate 2.4GHz and 5GHz Networks: If your router has both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks with the same SSID, consider separating them. Give them distinct names and try connecting your Hue lights to the 2.4GHz network. Some smart devices have compatibility issues with the 5GHz band.
  3. Reset the Hue Bridge: Unplug the power source from your Hue Bridge for about 10 seconds and then plug it back in. Allow it a few minutes to reboot and establish connections. Afterward, attempt to reconnect your lights.
  4. Update Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your Hue Bridge and lights. Updating to the latest firmware can often resolve compatibility issues and improve overall performance.
  5. Ensure Proper Distance: Make sure the Hue lights are within a reasonable distance from the Hue Bridge. If they are too far away, the connection might be weak or unstable.
  6. Contact Philips Hue Support: While you've mentioned dissatisfaction with customer support, consider reaching out to Philips Hue support again. Clearly describe the issues you're facing, providing serial numbers and any troubleshooting steps you've already taken. They may be able to offer additional assistance or replacement options.
  7. Consider Smart Home Hubs: If connectivity issues persist, you might explore using a smart home hub compatible with both your lights and your phone. Some users have reported improved performance when using third-party hubs that support a wider range of devices.
Remember, technology hiccups can be frustrating, but persistence in troubleshooting can often lead to a resolution. If all else fails, consider reaching out to the retailer where you purchased the lights for potential return or exchange options.