Is Miracle Workers Season 2 offensive to Believers in God?

akagi1945

Miracle Workers Season 2 is a comedy set in the offices of Heaven Inc. When God plans to destroy the Earth, two low-level angels must convince their boss to save humanity. They bet him they can pull off their most impossible miracle yet: help two humans fall in love. Recently, an audience commented on the series:
Mocks God the creator they have him acting dumb, helpless, drinking, destructive hire is this appropriate for 12 yr olds this worlds messed up.

1586934756339.png

I had high hopes for a new "funny" TV series especially with being a fan of every cast member on the show. You know even Lovers of God can take a joke of they have a sense of humor, but at least write something comical instead of shameless, tasteless, and humorless. You'd think you'd have a laugh or two out of a 20 minute show. I've watched the first 3 episodes and I don't see the appeal.

Didn't get past episode 3
I saw the first episode on the airplane and thought it could be promising - interesting premise, and starring Daniel Radcliffe, who has been a good actor since long before HP series.

So we sat down with two teen girls to watch it (both like Daniel). But the show is just disappointing. We are not "religious offended", but every "God" related distraction is just that - a distraction from an otherwise interesting and could-be-funny plotline. Whereas the main story idea - angels trying to help two people fall in love - offers much, the side story (a despondent/narcissist God) runs out of steam about 5 minutes into the intro. By episode 2, the God parts rely solely on a "penis" joke; and by episode 3, God parts rely soely on "diarrhea" jokes. I was hoping the show will simply return to Daniel and Co. But it keeps going back to the completely ineffective (and to many, potentially offensive/turn-off scenes involving the so-called "God"). By episode 2, we lost 2 out of 4 in the family. By the end of episode 3, all 4 gave up. Poor Daniel, having to take on such a role and try to carry a show.

Last edited: