Issue with date with my new Dangbei Mars Pro

dido78

I purchased a brand new Dangbei Mar Pro from ebay UK - it's international and its model is: DBX3Pro and firmware: 2.2.5.3
The problem is that the date is shown as 31 Dec 2008 and I can't seem to be able to set the correct date. In the UI there is no option to set the date but only has the ability to change time and timezone.
I tried to do it via terminal without luck.
Can anyone suggest a way to overcome this issue?

wheelee

try to connect it to your mobile phone data & see if it will auto follow the date on your phone
this is what i did with my NewX7 from OBE

dido78

In settings I can only change timezone. I can't change date and time.

I tried to reset the system, I installed latest firmware 2.2.6.0

I tried to download terminal app from the app store to access the local files but I there is no sudo or admin rights there or so I can execute Linux date command to try to set it from there.

The only way to change from 2008 date to now is by downloading apk called date and time shortcut for android and I am able to do it from there but after a reboot the date goes back to 2008 and then nothing works like Google store, Netflix and YouTube because they require correct date. I can't believe I have this stilly issue and I have to go via that app to set the date every time I reboot. I am happy to pay money for someone to login to the device and fix it, I can provide anydesk to the dangbei device. Anyone interested?

Junior

Conecta na Internet que o horário vai se ajustar de acordo com o fuso horário que você escolher!