April 1st，Kodi released their response to Internet issue. To help ensure there is enough connection for everyone needs it, Kodi decided to reduce its steaming resolution by the following steps:
- Playback will only be available at standard definition and low colour depth to save bandwidth.
- The Kodi reserves the right to implement 1 channel audio and 4 bit monochrome video with AI based dithering shaders to recolour the content should the ongoing situation require it.
- Streaming addons and IPTV may limit access to meet local/regional curfew restrictions.
- Kodi will only function on home networks, and will no longer operate through free public wifi.
- The Kodi database will be scrubbed overnight every night to ensure it remains clean.
- Kodi will only support 60" or larger displays to implement social distancing requirements and prevent people grouping around small devices.