LG OLED no audio over ARC

ashley

Q:
New LG OLED C7 with HDMI ArC connected to Marantz AVR about 5 years old. AVR can handle DD+/TrueHD but not Atmos. Marantz is hub. TV Sound set to HDMI ArC with Simplink on and digital sound to auto. On AVR HDMI control is on. AVR recognizes DD+ signal from TV l, and all I get is clicky staticy noise. No audio from content. If I am just viewing Netflix landing page with stereo I get audio. If I change TV audio to PCM output l, I get stereo audio but can’t get DD+/5.1 Audio when watching the Crown for example. Just replaced HDMI cables thinking that could be issue and no luck. Reset TV to factory settings and no luck.

A:
Try this: I have more or less same set up (LG OLED TV and Onkyo Amp - with ARC cable from ARC port on TV to main HDMI port amp). The apps (Amazon/Netflix etc) through the TV work fine with audio and video one day and then the next day video works but no audio - with the audio from the sat box still coming through. Very frustrating. So again this morning I went into the amp settings and the did initial set up, but skipped it all until it got to ARC settings and then said yes to that. Plus then went back into TV settings and sound settings and ensured the ARC and Simplink were the chosen digital sound. Then it all works again. But why it keeps needing me to do that I have no clue!

akagi1945

I tried working around this problem with optical. It works but lost my HDMI CEC function as I had to unplug the HDMI cable to get the optical signal to work. Apparently the ARC is the problem.
That being said, I decided to try the Amazon Basics cable 10’ for $8. I have been using a high speed 4K Monoprice cable which worked fine until a few days ago. Anyhow, the new cable is working fine. Giving me back full ARC functionality. Amazing! Found this fix in another thread.