NEC NP-MC372X CLASSROOM PROJECTOR REVIEW

bigapple

The NEC NP-MC372X is an education class 3LCD projector that offers XGA (1,024 x 768) resolution and is rated to deliver 3,700 lumens rated light output. In ECO mode the its lamp is rated for up to 15,000 hours in ECO mode. It offers many features for its current list price of $509. This is an education/business class projector that falls toward the lower end, in terms of size, weight, and price, of education class projectors rated at or near 4,000 lumens.

The MC372X is a good solution for schools and businesses looking for a bright, compact projector with networking capabilities and the ability to simultaneously display content from multiple sources, including mobile devices.

NEC NP-MC372X CLASSROOM PROJECTOR

The NEC MC372X is a small footprint, XGA (1,024 x 768) 3LCD projector with a 1.2x zoom lens and rated brightness of 3,700 ANSI lumens. And, while the MC372X is only an XGA projector, it can accept 4K@30P content via its HDMI inputs. It also has USB 2.0A input and a LAN port for network control and asset management. The NEC MC372X’s replaceable lamp is rated for up to 15,000 hours in ECO mode.

The MC372X utilizes a 3LCD instead of the single DLP chip found in many projectors in its class, this should result in richer bright colors. Normally 3LCD projectors can deliver higher native contrast than DLP models as well. The MC372X has a rated dynamic contrast of 16,000:1.

For those looking for an affordable classroom projector, NEC offers two different series which are the MC series and the ME series. There are two models in the MC series, the MC372X and the MC382W which we reviewed last year.

The MC372X’s 3,700 lumens and XGA (1024 x 768) resolution are slightly lower than the MC382W (SRP $559.00) which offers a slight increase in brightness at 3,800 lumens and resolution WXGA (1,280 x 800) for $50 dollars more. For users who intend on showing a lot of HD video, the MC382W would be a better solution.

For customers looking for additional placement flexibility may opt to move up to the ME series. While the ME series projectors have similar features, they have larger zoom range (1.7:1) versus the MC series (1.2:1) which also results in a wider throw ratio. There are three models available in ME series including the ME382U (SRP $919) which is the most notable model in that series at 3,800 lumen WUXGA (1,920 x 1,200).

Overall, the MC372X is a good solution for someone looking at entry level unit suitable for showing presentations photos or documents in a classroom or meeting room.

Last edited: