Philips 55OLED807 vs 55OLED707

expc

Hello,

I have a simple question. Im planning on buying a new TV.

I never before had TV (I live alone since I was 16 and now Im 23) always thought it was just a waste of time. But now I have a spare time to waste.

Looking at the models, features pricing etc... I came across Philips OLED more specifically two of them 807 and 707. I have watched some reviews on youtube, forums and websites. I really liked the ambilight and the immersion that it provides, they say the panel is great, its great for gaming, the sound is great too.

Now as I understood there are just few differences:
  • 3 vs 4 sided ambilight
  • 707 doesnt have EX panel
  • Processor is a one gen older (P5 Gen6 vs P5 Gen5)
  • And the OLED technology is older (OLED 8 vs OLED 7)

Is that difference worth buying 807 over 707? Biggest issue is that 807 isnt available in my country for some reason its sold out everywhere so the ones that are available are a little bit pricier than usual. While 707 is at its normal price around 900-1000 euros. (Country is Bosnia and Herzegovina)

Mogens

I'm a big fan of Philips TVs, and both the 55OLED807 and 55OLED707 seem like great options. The Ambilight feature on these TVs is a game-changer, as it enhances the viewing experience by extending the colors of the content beyond the screen. It creates a more immersive atmosphere in my living room. If you haven't experienced Ambilight yet, I highly recommend giving it a try!

Jhjg67

I've had the Philips 55OLED807 for a few months now, and it's been a fantastic TV overall. The Android TV operating system provides a smooth and user-friendly interface, and the app selection is extensive. The remote control is also well-designed and easy to use. It's been a worthwhile investment for my entertainment setup.