Projector Buying Guide about Brightness: just choose as high as possible?

Bread Pitt

When buying a projector, I was so concerned about the brightness, I basically said that the information I checked on the Internet said that the brightness of the projection is very important, and I want to buy a high brightness. So I think it is necessary to talk about the problem of brightness when buying a projecor.

Disadvantages of Luminosity

Brightness is indeed important for projection, but it can not be used as the only criterion when purchasing, it can only be used as an important reference factor. At present, more and more people only care about the projection brightness, which directly leads to a large number of low-cost and high-brightness projection products on the market. However, if the projector wants to obtain high brightness and wants low price, it must inevitably sacrifice contrast. , Resolution, color gamut and other indicators, and these parameters are the most important for home projectors. Give a few common examples on the market:

Projector Buying Guide about Brightness: just choose as high as possible?
  • High-brightness and low-resolution: This type of projection is mainly based on engineering machines, and the brightness is often very high, reaching 4,000 or 5,000 ANSI lumens, the price is not expensive, and from the research report, its sales are still quite impressive. However, you will find that the resolution is only 1024 * 768, or even lower, and it can't reach the level of the home. It is really only "silly light" and noise.
  • High-brightness and low-color gamut: The use of broadband filters in the projector can increase the brightness of the picture, but the color is not correct, so low-cost high-brightness projection often sacrifices color to achieve. Generally speaking, if the same projection wants wide color gamut and highlights, the cost will naturally rise. If the cost is not increased, if one projection is adjusted to the DCI-P3 color gamut, its brightness will often drop by about 50%.