Radioactive movie short review: Chaotic plot but great performance of Rosamund Pike

Jannyferr

The reason why I pay so much attention to the Radioactive movie is because Madam Curie can be said to be one of my childhood idols. Madam Curie's method of extracting radium is very primitive and "abnormal", just one word-"boil". She needs to continuously heat, stir, and recrystallize tons of asphalt to extract the target product. This process not only consumes a lot of energy, but also inhales a large amount of irritating gas released when the asphalt is boiling. This process is not only extremely long, but At that time, Mrs. Curie did not know that she could succeed. I was deeply infected by that strong desire for truth and infinite passion. Mrs. Curie's best friend Einstein once said that Mrs. Curie is probably the only person in the world who is not corrupted by fame and fortune.

Radioactive movie short review: Chaotic plot but great performance of Rosamund Pike

The director of the Radioactive movie is an excellent female director. The animated film Persepolis she produced in 2007 is a deep Tibetan national sentiment and politics from a female perspective. Thinking masterpiece. Although the Radioactive movie was adapted from the novel Marie & Pierre Curie: A Tale of Love and Fallout, it must be said that the director's understanding of Madam Curie's scientist is slightly insufficient.

Despite the clutter of the Radioactive movie itself, the image of Mrs. Curie in the film is still very vivid. Thanks to the movie, the audience can feel the real person up close. Biographical films have always been difficult to make. The film seems to work very hard, but there is still no main storyline, and it is difficult for people to have a deeper tremor. Fortunately, Rosamund Pike's performance is very good.

Perhaps the director wanted to express too much, so that the plot was chaotic, and the picture was stiff and unharmonious. It is still an important thing that biographical movie should describes a person for a period of time.