Restart game progress

kriyapedo

Hi, i downloaded Palia from the eShop today and intended to start over entirely rather than using my account i played with on PC. However my opinion changed and i'd rather pick up where i left off and tried deleting my save data in order to log in with my PC account (i didn't create a new one the first time i started the game on the switch). It didn't work. After starting the game it still brings me back to the game i began today. I even deinstalled the game and made sure to delete everything in the data management menu but nothing changed 10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254 .

Is there even a way to restart a game that was downloaded from the eShop? None of the solutions i followed from google worked.

Last edited:
The ability to restart a game on a Nintendo Switch that was downloaded from the eShop can vary depending on the game and how it handles save data. Some games tie your progress to your Nintendo Account or the console itself, making it challenging to start over. Here are a few steps you can try:
  1. Delete Save Data:
    • From the Switch home menu, go to System Settings > Data Management > Save Data/Screenshots > Delete Save Data.
    • Select Palia and delete the save data. This should reset your progress.
  2. Check for Cloud Saves:
    • If you have a Nintendo Switch Online subscription, some games support cloud saves. Check if Palia is one of them.
    • Go to System Settings > Data Management > Save Data Cloud and make sure the game isn't set to automatically back up.
  3. Unlink Nintendo Account:
    • Unlink your Nintendo Account from the Palia game. You can do this in the game's settings or through the Nintendo eShop.
  4. Reinstall the Game:
    • Delete Palia from your Switch, and then redownload it from the eShop. This time, when you launch the game, it might prompt you to link to your existing account.
  5. Contact Support:
    • If the issue persists, you may need to contact Palia's support or the Nintendo support team for assistance. They might have specific instructions for their game.
Keep in mind that some games, especially those with online components or tied to specific accounts, may not have a straightforward method to restart. In such cases, reaching out to the game's support or the platform (Nintendo) for guidance is the best course of action.
Always be cautious when deleting save data, as it is irreversible, and make sure you have any important progress backed up if possible.