Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 short review

mtn328

After much innovation, samsung has turned its smartwatch into a stylish, comfortable and powerful wearable device. Samsung's Tizen OS tends to be more responsive and useful than other android watches.

Introduction

The functions of Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 include health monitoring, music, short messages and so on. Those looking for a more professional sports-assist Watch might prefer the Garmin or the Apple Watch, but those who treat it as a stylish Watch that occasionally manages to be sporty might prefer samsung.

The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 continues to improve its health and exercise monitoring tools while trying to extend the app's capabilities, such as translation and video. The most striking feature is the re-introduction of the iconic rotating bezel design.

The first-generation Galaxy Watch Active did not have a rotating bezel, which was designed to keep the Active simple while reducing weight and cost. But the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 added the bezel, and Samsung added touch sensing to it, which now allows you to scroll through notifications by swiping your finger. There's also nice tactile feedback that mimics the sensation of a click.

Display and control

The new Watch Active 2 menu navigation is easier because the screen is larger than before. The 1.1-inch screen of the first-generation Watch Active feels a bit small, and although the 1.2-inch screen of the 40mm Active 2 is only a little too big, it feels like a lot more space. With a 1.4-inch display on the 44mm model, it feels distinctly wide.

Samsung also made the buttons in the top right corner of the watch larger and textured for easy pressing. It can return to the page or a long press to open a custom shortcut. The smaller recessed buttons at the bottom are the home button or to close the device.

Movement monitoring

A more significant improvement to the samsung watch is the upgraded sensor. The heart rate sensor on the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 USES twice as many diodes to read the pulse faster. There is also an accelerometer, which is said to be twice as sensitive as before. I don't know the exact reaction rate, but when I stand up and walk, I'm not only faster but more accurate at recognizing when I started walking. The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 also more accurately automatically detects when I'm going for a brisk walk, showing a monitor screen with steps and distance.

Tizen OS will proactively push you to do more activities and automatically chart your activities. It is hoped that it can be more perfect in sports monitoring. In yoga, for example, it just measures the duration and pulse of the whole process. More specialized exercise monitoring devices record breathing and stress levels, among other things. But samsung is turning the exercise feature into a virtual coach that tells you to speed up or slow down as you work out. It's a good idea to do this exercise, but you'll probably need a bluetooth headset to hear it, because the Active 2 speakers are barely audible, even if you keep your wrist to your ear.

While samsung lags behind some professional devices in sports monitoring, it offers a wide range of health-focused features, such as active exercise alerts, stress monitoring, calorie monitoring and sleep monitoring, as well as smart home controls, music playback and text messaging. It can even become a controller for a powerpoint presentation. Other watches may be able to do the same thing, but all require the installation of additional third-party tools.

Performance and battery

The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 allows you to select other third-party dials without affecting your Active 2 experience. It is a powerful watch that is fast and can usually be used for a day or so before recharging. However, I should charge it a little longer, as almost all smartwatches require at least two days of battery life. I used the GPS version of Active 2, which might have been shorter if I had used a cellular version.

Conclusion

At $280, the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2, a full-featured smartwatch, is cheaper than most Wear OS watches and professional motion monitoring AIDS. If you're looking for a smartwatch that can keep you on the move and be an extension of your phone, the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 is a good choice for the same price.