Sonic the Hedgehog: Sonic performed better than expected

Miley

I often emphasize that we are not unwilling to accept new breakthroughs, but new breakthroughs need to be done well. If Sonic the Hedgehog had stuck with its ugly new Sonic look, it wouldn't be doing so well at the box office today. The ugly look is an aside. With the renewed focus on the story, I can tell you that if Sonic the Hedgehog had been released six years earlier, the word of mouth would have been even stronger; Now is a qualified surplus of family entertainment works, of course, there are obvious areas for improvement. Why six years? Because six years ago there was a movie called x-men: Days of Future Past, and there was a character called Quicksilver.

Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic the Hedgehog is not a special story. Mad scientists want to capture aliens alive, and it's not unusual for aliens to seek the help of innocent human protagonists. But while many video games and anime adaptations are packaged as serious action movies, Sonic the Hedgehog works well with a loose, lighthearted approach and a touch of American situational comedy. Are there many jokes? It didn't feel like much overall, but the comedy was smooth and occasionally explosive, and Sonic performed better than I thought.

Sonic the Hedgehog

To be particularly critical, I think the distance between the Sonic and the background could have been corrected more carefully (perhaps due to the redesign of his character) and the acting of the human character (even if not when interacting with the Sonic) could have been a little more natural, with the exception of Jim Carrey as Dr Eggman. Jim Carrey's performance is very odd and cartoonish. He's always been that way, but Dr Eggman is certainly such a nutty game character that it's only fitting this time. Also don't worry about why the speed of Sonic should be slow sometimes, should be slow, everything is for the story, you know.

Sonic the Hedgehog

Fans who know Sonic will find many interesting places in the movie, especially Sonic's "loss" of its gold ring, which many gamers know is painful. There are still so many characters that haven't come out yet, and haven't been officially involved in the Chaos Emeralds and Master Emerald lore, but Sonic the Hedgehog has done well at the box office and is sure to have a sequel, but I'd like to have a little less interaction with human characters (besides Dr Eggman) and a little more fantasy and adventure.