Sony PS5 conference this Thursday! June 11 in 1080p and 30 fps

With the E3 2020 fire date fast approaching, it's a safe bet that Xbox Series X and PS5 events should soon be announced. Several clues pointed to an event in May for each manufacturer, but Sony had to draw its artillery well on June 4 at 9 p.m. It was without counting the recent events in the USA following the death of George Floyd.

Sony to broadcast its PS5 conference this Thursday, June 11 in 1080p and 30 fps

Sony also specifies that the event will be broadcast in 1080p and 30 frames per second and recommends using earphones or headphones to enjoy "very nice sound effects".

This format facilitated the production process of the event during a period requiring a large part of our team and many developers to work from home. As you can imagine, the games you will see on Thursday will be even more beautiful when you play them on PS5 with a 4K TV.
Update of June 08, 2020 Sony will have finally shifted the event dedicated to PS5 games by one week since the manufacturer will hold its PS5 conference this Thursday, June 11 at 9 p.m. This postponement will always be an opportunity for Sony to give players "a first glimpse of the games you will play after the launch of PlayStation 5" .

Update of June 01, 2020

Playstation has just confirmed the outright cancellation of the event scheduled for June 4. At issue: the recent events in the United States following the death of George Floyd. He died after a Minneapolis police officer (Derek Chauvin) knelt on him for at least seven minutes face down. "I can't breathe" were his last words, a slogan which has since been taken up by many demonstrators around the world in favor of justice that is finally effective against racism.

We have decided to postpone the Playstation 5 event scheduled for June 4.
While we understand that players around the world are excited to see PS5 games, we don't think this is a good time to go and for now, we want to step back and allow more important voices to be heard.
Playstation thus joins many companies such as Microsoft or Bethesda before it to support the broad movement against racism which is sweeping the world at the moment, and rightly so. Sony had however started to promote its event on American television, so it is a strong gesture.

For its part, Microsoft has also spoken publicly to support the demands and has indicated that its platform will be "used to amplify the voices of the black and African-American community of Microsoft" , starting with Megan Carpenter .

The parent company Sony had already published a message yesterday with the hashtag #BlackLivesMatter and a very explicit message:

To remain silent about the violence and racism experienced by black people makes us accomplices.
We stand in solidarity today and every day with the black community

Sony to broadcast its PS5 conference this Thursday, June 11 in 1080p and 30 fps

Original article

It is now official. Sony will present its PS5 games on June 4 at 9 p.m. The sources for VentureBeat were therefore correct and there is only a week left before finding out what Sony is up to. We do not know, however, if the console itself will be there.

It remains to be seen what Microsoft will do for its part around this period, but Xbox has in any case a lot to present and announce.

Last edited:

Celine2020

I think that Microsoft will not reproduce what was done in 2013, namely to communicate everything first to be better countered by Sony then.
Microsoft has already followed suit in the last VGA and I think that clearly they are leaving the way for Sony to finally get started.
From my point of view there will be a Microsoft event once everything is revealed by Sony (Line-up, hardware, dates and prices).
I feel that Philou is preparing a nice coup to comm 'to knock out PlayStation.

Dramaqueen

concerning me, the com has no more impact. on the other hand I find that MS is doing pretty well for this X Series. I still want Sony to face an effort! even if "all" what they do or say hits on a lot of people, I find that it is relatively shy and limit foutage of mouth.

Wyatt21

Given the exceptional context of this year 2020, I doubt that we will have presentations made in the rules of art. As we have seen so far, Sony & Microsoft have swung their news on the fly on the net, in a more or less organized way. I even begin to doubt seeing real events dedicated to the presentation of future consoles and their games. In my opinion, it will continue to be done in small touches.
After that, whether it's XBOX or PlayStation that launches first, I don't think it will have a big impact. They will no doubt communicate in turn, perhaps getting a little scratched by the way, but the launch context for this new generation is completely different from the current one! In 2013, the two manufacturers were neck and neck, we are coming out of a gen largely dominated by Sony, so I'm not sure it is in the interest of the American challenger to play the watch against the Japanese favorites: XBOX must continue to take the lead by being aggressive! Microsoft seems sure of its offer, their communication is clear and efficient, they are in the process of achieving flawlessness. In their place, I would not waste my time trying to strip a more popular competitor, who when the time comes will necessarily draw all attention to him; I would focus on my strengths, keeping only the advantage of the reserve price.

reality

No but guys, Ms' com is just 1000 times better than Sony's. You have a short memory, we still had a presentation video that surprised everyone in December.

We then had a video a few weeks ago on the exact specs. And we will have a total reveal in a few weeks.

What do we have in front? A logo .... and a soporific conf with a tree that hides the forest in the "person" of the magic ssd. Ah yes, the controller with a lot of wiiU style mablette features.

There's just no picture.

tvgeek

well MS has already struck first since the console was revealed unlike sony ... There is just the price and show games, so they are well ahead MS, especially since we had a teaser of Halo and Hellblade 2 already, opposite it is a bit of nothing except the controller.

After MS has no interest in revealing the price immediately since they are still negotiating with various countries to be able to launch the console with the xbox all access, which will allow them to announce there the price of the console + this attractive offer for surely a lot of people, because a priori the offer was well received in the US

Gene

It would be good to stop listening to all the rumors circulating because it talks about June 4 or May 19 or June 19 or even July. Frankly, I don't really care since I would never buy this over-rated and over-mediated console.

Lennon

Personally I will take both. The design of the x series is impeccable for my video room, I'm just waiting to know if I should hide the ps5 or not ..... the design and the color of the controller worries me a little. I will try to resist and wait for ps5 to make tlou 2 .... it will be hard. What I want to see on serie x is new exclusive games made for the beast.

Stefani

I feel that this presentation will make a lot of noise ... and with gameplay. Sony strikes where it hurts (since 2013) and they will not deprive themselves here.

Why do I rather feel that Sony are not really ready and also prefer to take a step back to improve their presentation?

Because with all due respect, the gesture is very strong, but what would be stronger is not to be silent but to do something too.

dwuw

Playstation thus joins many companies such as Microsoft or Bethesda before it to support the broad movement against racism which is sweeping the world at the moment, and rightly so. Sony had however started to promote its event on American television, so it is a strong gesture. : '-))It looks like it was written by a teenage leftist bohemian. Sony does not care about Floyd's death, it's just that all the media and social networks are turned on and that the conference of Sony would have just seen much less. It made me laugh early in the morning, like that, dry, I didn't expect it, thank you Mr Moot.