Starke Sound AD4.320 4-channel power amplifier: flexible, varied with surprising details replay and control

SpaceXtt

AD4.320 is one of the latest power amplifiers from Starke Sound, which is designed for 4 channels, and the other is A8.350, which is designed for 8 channels. Although there is not much information available online, after all, it is relatively new, but there is some knowledge of Starke Sound, and experienced people know the intention of these two models at a glance. The reason why A8.350 is made into 8 channels is to allow customers to configure 16 channel or 32 channel panoramic sound home theater audio parts. The AD4.320 takes into account both the theater and two channels, and is used to match the A7.480. If you want to set up a 7.1.4-channel panoramic sound home theater audio configuration, the A7.480 drives 7-channel speakers on the horizontal layer , AD4.320 drives 4 sky channel speakers. When used as a HIFI amplifier, it can be turned into a two-channel output through BTL, and it can also increase the output power and provide stronger thrust.

Starke Sound AD4.320 4-channel power amplifier

How to play HIFI through a four-channel power amplifier?

AD4.320 is a very interesting power amplifier for me, because the 4-channel design is very fun. Why? There are several ways to play. First, in Bi-Amp mode, you can drive the tweeter and woofer separately through two independent power amplifiers. For example, my PMC TB1 provides a two-wire crossover access method, which can be driven by Bi-Amp. Second, BTL connection. Whether it is the Bi-Amp method or the BTL method, it ultimately provides a stronger driving force. The BTL method is more suitable for those speakers that only provide a set of speaker line input. For example, my other pair of Dynaudio Contour 1.1 only provides a set of speaker line input, which is suitable for BTL drive. Third: electronic crossover + Bi-Amp drive. With the 2-channel electronic crossover and 4-channel power amplifier, a 2-channel electronic crossover speaker system can be formed to further improve the driving efficiency. But this kind of user is only suitable for old driver players who understand technology and adjustment.

This time I listened to the speakers used with AD4.320 using DynaudioContour 1.1, which is a new favorite in my study. Contour 1.1 is not hard to push. If properly matched, its sound openness, transparency, bass level and dynamics still have a very good performance, and it is very good to use in a small space. On the issue of power amplifiers, fans have given me some suggestions. Some people think that the Class A machine is good, and some people recommend me to use a higher power amplifier. But in my personal opinion, the control of the power amplifier is the key.

Because I tried to push the power amplifier with 200W output power, I can only say that the sound is loud, but once I encounter a large amount of bass, or when the symphony orchestra plays in unison, I can notice that the power amplifier can’t control the speaker, and I can’t guarantee the sharp focus of the sound. And the level of clarity, so the arrival of AD4.320 gave me a hope.

SpaceXtt

Using AD4.320 with Contour 1.1, I can clearly hear that AD4.320 has good control and detail reproduction for Contour 1.1, and maintains good detail clarity and clarity in weak and strong sounds. The focus of the instrument and the stable shape of the sound field in the majestic part of the music.

Starke Sound AD4.320 is an ingenious four-channel power amplifier. On the one hand, it can be combined with the same factory A7.480 to form a 7.1.4-channel panoramic sound home theater. On the other hand, when it is used independently as a HIFI form, it can realize a variety of driving methods to achieve more powerful thrust and control. AD4.320 has brought me a lot of surprises in terms of sound playback, its sound details and control. It puts out my Contour 1.1 speaker with a stable sound field and a dense, warm and mid-range frequency. The introduction of clear and cohesive audio-visual localization made me not quite confident that I could play a good record all with remarkable performance.

Basic parameters

Power amplifier type: 4 channel power amplifier
Output power: 225W (8 ohms, 4 channels)/320W (4 ohms, 4 channels), 430W (8 ohms, 2 channels, bridge)/650W (4 ohms, 2 channels, bridge)
Gain: 23dB
Frequency response: 5Hz~100kHz (-1.5dB)
Output current: 16.5A (33A bridge)
Signal to noise ratio: 112dB (A weighting)
Total harmonic distortion: <0.04% (@1kHz, 320W)/<0.08% (@20kHz, 320W)
Output impedance: 0.136 Ohm (5Hz~100kHz)
Minimum load impedance: 0.8 ohm
Dimension (H×W×D): 142×450×340mm
Weight: 13.5kg
Reference price: 14800 yuan