Thua Me Con Di: Delicate and tender Oriental story.

Venus

Thua Me Con Di (2019)
1h 46min | Comedy, Drama, Romance | 16 August 2019 (Vietnam)
Score: ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

In spite of all the shortcomings, I am still willing to give five stars for my own sake. It is clear that only in Asian countries can such a story be made, and the overall story does, as others have said, include the way in which the wedding banquet conceals one's homosexuality from one's family and finally comes out to the family, as well as the way in which don't tell her returns to her homeland in a foreign country and finally becomes inseparable. But the victory is really to show the status quo of Vietnam's attitude towards homosexuality, starting from the customs and culture of the country. It looks very good, very comfortable. Especially in the first half, there is no conflict, but simply to take us on holiday in the Vietnamese countryside. The contradictions created in the second half are so deliberate and obtuse that the director can't seem to think of any other way to push the story forward. But at the end, I handled it very delicately. I was separated from my mother at the airport. When we were separated, we all tried to hold back our inner reluctance. Finally and finally to the mother to learn to drive the mother to the meaning of the new life, to separate from the family of independence.

Thua Me Con Di