TOP5 TV platforms for advertising till June 2020, Amazon missed No.1?

tvgeek

According to TAM ADEX, the advertising volume of OTT platforms broadcast on TV increased by 98% year-on-year from January to May 2020. In addition, the number of OTT platforms has increased from 24 to 41.

TV ad placement on OTT platform grows 98% in the first 5 months of 2020-DVBCN

In 2020, the highest month for advertising on the OTT platform is April. The advertising volume of the OTT platform surged 3.2 times year-on-year in May 2020. At the same time, the average daily advertising volume of the OTT platform increased by 2.14 times.

In addition, the number of OTT platforms in May 2020 increased by 50% from January, and the number of platforms increased from 22 in January to 33. From January to May 2020, there are 25 new OTT platforms advertising on TV. At the same time, the new OTT platform Disney+ had a 24% share of advertising in January-May 2020.

The top five OTT platforms for advertising on TV from January to May 2020 include Disney+ (24%), Amazon Prime Video (15%), Zee5, (14%), Voot App (12%), Hotstar (8%) . From January to May 2020, the top five OTT platforms accounted for 74% of the total advertising share.

Although Amazon Prime Video maintained the same ranking as last year from January to May, advertising volume dropped by 16%. On the other hand, Voot's ranking has declined, but its share has increased by 50%.

waterloo

Disney plus might be the winner of 2020.
BTW, if u r using a LG smart TV you can get the Disney+ here:

Leon

Despite this shift towards OTT platforms, I've observed that social media advertising still holds a significant edge, especially when it comes to driving traffic that converts. This could be due to the interactive nature of social media, allowing for more targeted and engaging ad campaigns. Platforms like Instagram and Facebook have sophisticated algorithms that help advertisers reach their ideal demographic, resulting in higher engagement rates.

In 2023, while OTT platforms continue to grow, the nuanced use of social media for advertising can't be overlooked. The key is understanding your audience and where they spend most of their time. For instance, a product targeting millennials might fare better on Instagram, whereas LinkedIn could be more effective for B2B marketing.

I use AdSpy software, that allows me to analyze what strategies are working for competitors, which is crucial in such a dynamic environment. By understanding the ad setups that are effective in my niche, I can adapt and apply similar strategies to my campaigns, potentially saving time and resources.

Last edited: