Tuca & Bertie (2019) Quick reviews: an animated version of broad city

Dramaqueen

Tuca & Bertie is a comedy animated series that tells the friendship story between two 30-year-old bird sisters. They live in the same apartment, Tuka (voiced by Tiffany Hades) is an arrogant, carefree hornbill, and Bertie (voiced by Huang Ali) is an anxious, all day Nightingale daydreaming.

Tuca & Bertie (2019) Quick reviews:
  • There is still a gloomy character backstory, but there is a little more bright hope than BoJack, but because of the same setting, the entire pedigree extension is low; some bad points are still so cheap, Shia LaBeouf ’s Magic The picture is really laughing.
  • The story is ordinary everyday life, the details are well described, the imagination is extraordinary, the narrative is extremely smooth, and the traces of female creators are everywhere. Compared with Ma Nan, the essence of Ma Nan lies in the lines, which can be transplanted to the stage drama, and this is to make full use of the advantages of animation. Very thoughtful, so interesting!

Tuca & Bertie (2019) Quick reviews: an animated version of broad city

• The style of painting is the same as that of BoJack, so it seems quite customary. The best alternative before Bojack's sixth season
  • It's just a one-time thing I did twice. Sometimes all you need to do is to show up. Being right all the time is a burden. Loved it.
  • Bird design captures the complex and beautiful sisterhood of human beings: anxiety, support, trouble, and crying. The world and the age of "30s" still pose challenges to Tuca and Bertie: alienation from family members, self-independence and ideals; as little as good health, travel safety, and fear of commitment. It is a journey of exploration with laughter and tears. Although the same team, but not as profound and wise as "Ma Nan", the narrative can't escape the water and (too many musical elements) walk through the scene. The expectations for Ali and Tiffany are very high, so I think the standard is far more than that. (Steven Yuan Yuan in PS animal form I think I can also -------)

Last edited: