Vizio M Series Quantum 2019 TV review: an impressive 4k TV with a great picture quality

Wyatt21

The Vizio M Series Quantum 2019 is an impressive 4k TV with a great picture quality. It uses a VA panel and has outstanding contrast ratio, exceptional black uniformity, and an excellent color gamut. The full array local dimming performs surprisingly well, and HDR content looks decent, though it's limited by the TV's peak brightness. Motion handling is good, and there's an optional black frame insertion feature to further reduce blur. Unfortunately, there are some issues with uniformity, and like most VA panels, the viewing angles are poor. Nonetheless, it's an all-around great TV that performs well for most uses.

The Vizio M Series Quantum 2019 is a great TV for mixed usage. It delivers an impressive picture quality that's suitable for any type of content and performs well in both bright and dark rooms. Unfortunately, the viewing angles make it less ideal for those with a wide seating arrangement, but its overall performance should satisfy most people. Additionally, it has an exceptionally low input lag for those who want to game or use it as a PC monitor.

PROS
  • Deep, uniform blacks.
  • Impressive color gamut.
  • Excellent low input lag.
CONS
  • Medio

Last edited:

akagi1945

We use this set in our master bedroom where the room lighting is usually dark so it was important to us that the television we chose to purchase had great black depth and uniformity. The television we have downstairs is a 2014 Sony that was great in its time but experiences backlight bleeding, causing the screen to be terribly cloudy in dark scenes. The new Vizio does not cloud at all and performs similar to an OLED in terms of producing deep blacks. Stunning.

Another aspect we like about this TV is the color saturation. Colors appear bright, saturated, and do not suffer any bleeding. I adjusted the picture setting to Calibrated Dark, boosted the color to 60, and calibrated the white balance to the settings described at Rtings.com. Amazing. Colors pop off of the screen.

We keep the local dimming setting on low and it works as well as any high-end LED television in terms of minimizing blooming. The 90 dimming zones appear to be effective and white text on a black background appears crisp.

After initial set-up, I never messed with the onboard OS as I use an Android TV box to stream all of our shows and movies. The CEC technology works perfectly so besides changing any settings, I use the Android TV remote (small and simple) for everything, including powering everything on/off and volume adjustments. Simplicity makes me happy.

Bottom line, this TV punches well above its price point. If you want a no-compromise experience at a practical price, look no further.