What's the influence of the Xbox Series X Event cancellation-June 1 update

Amnesia

With the E3 2020 fire date fast approaching, it's a safe bet that Xbox Series X and PS5 events should soon be announced. Several clues pointed to an event in May for each manufacturer, but Sony had to draw its artillery well on June 4. It was without counting the recent events- the death of George Floyd.

June 1, 2020 update

Playstation has just confirmed the outright cancellation of the Xbox Series X and PS5 event scheduled for June 4
due to the recent events in the United States following the death of George Floyd. He died after a Minneapolis police officer (Derek Chauvin) knelt on him for at least seven minutes face down. "I can't breathe" were his last words, a slogan which has since been taken up by many demonstrators around the world in favor of justice that is finally effective against racism.

We have decided to postpone the Playstation 5 event scheduled for June 4.
While we understand that players around the world are excited to see PS5 games, we don't think this is a good time to go and for now, we want to step back and allow more important voices to be heard.
Playstation thus joins many companies such as Microsoft or Bethesda before it to support the broad movement against racism which is sweeping the world at the moment, and rightly so. Sony had however started to promote its event on American television, so it is a strong gesture.

For its part, Microsoft has also spoken publicly to support the demands and has indicated that its platform will be "used to amplify the voices of the black and African-American community of Microsoft" , starting with Megan Carpenter .

The parent company Sony had already published a message yesterday with the hashtag #BlackLivesMatter and a very explicit message:

Being silent about the violence and racism experienced by black people makes us accomplices.
We stand in solidarity today and every day with the black community

Xbox Series X and PS5 event

Xbox Series X and PS5 event 2020

Xbox Series X and PS5 event-Original article

Update May 29, 2020

It's now official. Sony will present its PS5 games on June 4's Xbox Series X and PS5 event. The sources of VentureBeat were therefore correct and there is only a week left before finding out what Sony is preparing.

According to Jeffrey Grubb, of the VentureBeat site , the PS5 would be officially presented on Xbox Series X and PS5 event on June 4. It is through a post on resetera , in the thread dedicated to the PS5, that he gives the information.

Celine2020

I think Microsoft will not reproduce what was done in 2013, namely to communicate everything first to be better countered by Sony then.

Microsoft has already followed suit in the last VGA and I think that clearly they are leaving the way for Sony to finally get started.

From my point of view there will be a Microsoft event once everything is revealed by Sony (Line-up, hardware, dates and prices).

I feel that Philou is preparing a nice coup to comm 'to knock out PlayStation.

Bread Pitt

Given the exceptional context of this year 2020, I doubt that we will have presentations made in the rules of art. As we have seen so far, Sony & Microsoft have swung their info on the fly on the net, in a more or less organized way. I even begin to doubt seeing real events dedicated to the presentation of future consoles and their games. In my opinion, it will continue to be done in small touches.
After that, whether it's XBOX or PlayStation that launches first, I don't think it will have a big impact.

They will no doubt take turns communicating, perhaps getting a little scratched in passing, but the launch context for this new generation is completely different from the current one! In 2013, the two manufacturers were neck and neck, we are coming out of a gen largely dominated by Sony, so I'm not sure it is in the interest of the American challenger to play the watch against the Japanese favorites: XBOX must continue to take the lead by being aggressive! Microsoft seems sure of its offer, their communication is clear and efficient, they are carrying out the faultless. In their place, I would not waste my time trying to strip a more popular competitor, who when the time comes will necessarily draw all attention to him; I would focus on my strengths, keeping only the advantage of the reserve price.

Nike Kidman

No but guys, Ms' com is just 1000 times better than Sony's. You have a short memory, we still had a video presentation that surprised everyone in December.

We then had a video a few weeks ago on the exact specs. And we will have a total reveal in a few weeks.

What do we have in front? A logo .... and a soporific conf with a tree that hides the forest in the "person" of the magic ssd. Ah yes, the controller with a lot of wiiU style mablette features.

There's just no picture.