XR-65A75K vs XR65A90J - Would I have a more enjoyable experience whith the A90J or just wasting my money?

sonyforumuser

65A75K for 1400.- , 65A90J for 2000.-

Will I notice a significant difference and let's say have a more enjoyable experience*** when I buy the A90J or would I just waste 600.- ?

*** as a normal guy who who just watchs movies on both TVs, with focus on the movie
(and not focus on comparing them with eagle eyes and trying to find situation where one could pinpoint tiny differences. I hope you know what I mean)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original text:

This winter I saw the XR-65A95K in a showroom with dimmed lights when it was already dark outside. I have to say I was blown away from the picture quality. Unfortunatley the price of this TV is too high for me.

So I told myself that the best model of last year (the XR-65A90J) might be - more or less - nearly as good, but with an affordable price tag of 1999.- since a few weeks. So I was saving money for the XR-65A90J and planned to buy it this week.

Just now I disovered that the XR-65A75K is on discount today in the shop where I usually buy my stuff. The price is right now1399.-

I am really not good in data mining and reading data sheets, and besides I wouldn't know if the differences are really relevant or just looking important on the papers, if the marketing department is just manipulating me or if the differences are really noticebal and really benefital in daily use.

So that is why I put my question about the differences and the significance/importance or uinsignificance/unimportance of those.

I hope for some practical quick answers (and no tech speak "on atomic level") as long the today's sales last. Thank you very much in advance.

Last edited:

sonyforumuser

Will I notice a significant difference and let's say have a more enjoyable experience*** when I buy the A90J or would I just waste 600.- ?

*** as a normal guy who who just watchs movies on both TVs, with focus on the movie
(and not focus on comparing them with eagle eyes and trying to find situation where one could pinpoint tiny differences. I hope you know what I mean)

XXMAN98

It depends on your needs and budget. The XR65A90J is Sony's flagship model and comes with premium features like a brighter and more colorful picture, better upscaling capabilities, and advanced motion handling. However, it also comes with a higher price tag. The XR-65A75K, on the other hand, is a mid-range model that still offers great picture quality and features, but at a more affordable price. If you have the budget and want the best of the best, go for the XR65A90J. But if you're looking for a more cost-effective option, the XR-65A75K is still a great choice.

Eleanor8

The XR65A90J offers some advanced features that may enhance your viewing experience, such as better motion handling and upscaling capabilities, as well as a brighter and more colorful picture. However, whether or not these features are worth the extra cost is subjective and depends on your personal preferences. If you're a videophile or someone who values the best picture quality and technology, then you may find the XR65A90J to be worth the investment. But if you're happy with a mid-range TV, the XR-65A75K is still a great option.

Jhjg67

If you're looking for the best possible picture quality and advanced features, the XR65A90J is the way to go. It offers a brighter and more colorful picture, as well as better motion handling and upscaling capabilities. However, if you're on a budget, the XR-65A75K is still a great option that offers impressive picture quality and features at a more affordable price. Ultimately, the decision between these two models depends on your needs, preferences, and budget.

Barton7

Both the XR-65A75K and the XR-65A90J are excellent TVs with impressive features. However, whether you will notice a significant difference and have a more enjoyable experience with the A90J compared to the A75K will depend on various factors.

The A90J has some advanced features that make it stand out, such as its OLED panel technology, which delivers deeper blacks and richer colors than the A75K's LCD panel. Additionally, the A90J has a higher peak brightness, which allows for better HDR performance.

However, if you just watch movies and not focusing on pinpointing tiny differences, you might not notice a significant difference in the overall viewing experience between the two TVs. So, it ultimately depends on how much importance you place on having the best possible picture quality.

If you want to have the most immersive viewing experience possible and are willing to spend the extra money, then the A90J would be a good choice. However, if you want to save some money and still have an excellent viewing experience, the A75K would be a great option as well.