Zoom For Home-DTEN ME: the first remote office touch screen, priced at $599

Zoom, which acquired a large number of users during the epidemic due to people having to work at home, announced that they will enter the hardware market. Zoom announced that they have launched a touch screen device designed to help people who work remotely. The device is called Zoom For Home-DTEN ME, and its price is 599 dollars, which will be sold in August this year.

1594860184002.png

Essentially, DTEN ME is actually a tablet with a screen size of 27 inches. The device is equipped with 3 smart web cameras and 8 microphones with noise reduction function. The device is pre-installed with the Zoom application. This hardware device is not produced by Zoom itself. Its manufacturer is a company located in San Jose, named DTEN, which is a company specializing in the production of video conferencing equipment.

1594860198947.png

The interface of DTEN ME is very simple, and users can quickly launch various functions of the Zoom application, such as meetings, whiteboards, and contacts. It can also be synchronized with the user's schedule, and display the user's schedule in the menu bar, you only need to click the user to view the details. If you need to share the screen, you can also use "Ultrasonic Pairing" to pair DTEN ME with your phone or laptop.

The price of $599 seems to be a bit high. After all, anyone can install Zoom on a mobile phone or computer. The company’s intention to launch this device may be to allow new employees to work remotely immediately, without having to install and install software on their own. Configuration work.

DTEN-ME is the first device to obtain Zoom For Home certification. Zoom said that its hardware and software products are optimized for home offices. Zoom said that in the future they will launch more devices, these devices will come from other partners, such as Neat Bar and Poly Studio X series.