Cyberpunk 2077: hamburger, map, quests and routines of 1000 NPCs, the new info!

Stefani

Cyberpunk 2077 may come out in almost three months, the information about it often remains well kept and it is often necessary to dig to learn more. This is particularly the case today with new interesting news from the Premium Gamestar podcast but whose words were collected and translated by a Reddit user.
Cyberpunk 2077

Cyberpunk 2077: hamburger, map, quests and routines of 1000 NPCs, the new info!

Genre: RPG
Publisher: NC
Developer: CD Projekt
Release date: 09/17/2020
Planned on: Xbox One, Playstation 4, Windows PC

• The developers indicate that the level design improvements are as important as between The Witcher 2 and The Witcher 3.
  • There will be fewer things to do on the map than in The Witcher 3. This does not mean that there will be less to see, but that it will be more natural within the game, without having a map filled with icons and difficult to read in the end.
  • Because of the coronavirus, the developers had to work from home, and CD Projekt Red sent over 700 workstations to developers around the world with Cyberpunk installed on the machine. We know that at least 701 people work on the game.
  • There will be about 3 times more ways to solve a mission than in The Witcher 3. For example, the developers wondered, "What is the dumbest thing a player can do and how is it possible that the mission keep on going ? " The only thing that stops a player is his death. They cited an example where you talk to someone, get shot and instead of fighting back, run away and buy a hamburger. But the mission still continues. It is therefore quite possible to buy a hamburger in the middle of a mission.
  • They tried to improve this in the Witcher 3 DLC and want to improve it even more in Cyberpunk 2077: Some players have said that the missions with the use of the Witcher sense were similar and not really interesting. We will not see that again in Cyberpunk 2077.
  • Although there are areas in The Witcher 3 where villagers don't have a daily routine, the developers plan to improve this by giving over a thousand NPCs (non-player characters, controlled by AI ) a tailor-made routine.
  • According to a developer working on quest design, they have no "rules" on how a quest should be completed. There will be no limit such as “do not go further than 1000 meters” or “speak only to x people”.
  • When the developers have completely completed a quest, they don't set it aside to work on the next one. Instead, they keep playing it over and over until the game is released, as they might find something to fix or improve. That's what they did with Witcher 3 and what they do with Cyberpunk 2077.
  • The team is proud that no one has revealed Keanu Reeves' arrival on stage at E3 2019 in advance .
  • The melee combat system presented in the E3 trailer was not up to par, we can expect great improvements.
  • Inside cyberspace (the virtual world within the game), it will be possible to summon creatures and warriors of the Phantasy-RPG type who can, for example, burn another hacker.