- 1 What is Disney+ error code 142?
How to fix Disney+ error code 142?
- 2.1 Restart the Disney Plus application
- 2.2 Restart your device
- 2.3 Check your Internet connection
- 2.4 Restart the modem or router
- 2.5 Check the Disney + server
- 2.6 Disable the proxy or VPN
- 2.7 Re-login to your Disney+ account
- 2.8 Use other devices or browsers
- 2.9 Update the Disney+ app
- 2.10 Reinstall Disney Plus
- 3 Disney plus error code 142 Amazon Firestick
- 4 Summary
- 5 Common Disney + Error Codes
This guide will show you how to fix Disney+ error code 142.
In the highly competitive streaming market, Disney+ occupies an important position with its exclusive content. In addition to Disney classics, you can also find Pixar animations, Star Wars, or Marvel movies on the Disney Plus platform. Disney Plus has a large number of users, but it is not immune to errors that sometimes occur, and these errors can affect users' normal use. If you encounter an error such as Disney+ error code 142 while watching Disney+ video content, please follow this article to troubleshoot the problem.
What is Disney+ error code 142?
When an error code 142 appears on your Disney+, it may be caused by a server-side problem, an Internet connection problem, or a problem with the version of the application. Sometimes Disney+ performs maintenance on its servers, or the servers are unavailable due to some error. In this case, users will not be able to use Disney Plus on their Smart TV, cell phone, or laptop. But don't worry, this article provides you with the steps to fix error code 142.
How to fix Disney+ error code 142?
Restart the Disney Plus application
It's simple, but it's likely to work, and you should try it first.
1. Close the Disney + app on your phone/TV/computer.
2. Restart the application and open a video to watch.
3. Check whether the problem persists.
Restart your device
If you're watching Disney + on your phone, computer, streaming stick, or smart TV, you can try rebooting your devices to see if the problem works.
Check your Internet connection
Disney + requires steady, high-speed Internet support to stream video content. Disney + error code 142 can also be caused if your Internet connection is poor or disconnected
You can test your Internet upload and download speeds using sites such as SpeedTest.net. If your Internet speed is too slow, Disney + content may not be continuously transmitted. You can also open other websites or apps to see if they can stream.
Restart the modem or router
If your Internet signal is weak or your connection is poor, you can try restarting your wi-fi router or modem.
1. Power off the router or modem.
2. Wait more than one minute and restart the router or modem.
3. After the WiFi router is fully activated, connect your device to WiFi.
4. Open Disney + play to see if the problem is resolved.
Check the Disney + server
If the Disney + server is not available or is being maintained, users may experience an inability to use Disney + properly. You can check the status of Disney + servers at sites like downdetector.com.
If there are problems on the server, you just have to wait for Disney to fix them.
Disable the proxy or VPN
Many people use proxies or VPNs to protect their privacy, but sometimes streaming video may not be possible because of proxy or VPN programs.
1. Disable the VPN you use.
2. Restart your device.
3. Open the Disney Plus app to see if the problem is resolved.
Re-login to your Disney+ account
If you are having problems with your Disney+ account, you may see error code 142 and you can try to log in again.
1. Sign out of your Disney+ account on your device.
2. Close the app/browser on your device and reopen it.
3. Log in to your Disney+ account and check if the problem still exists.
How to log out of Disney+ on all devices?
1. Sign in to your Disney+ account on your device.
2. Click on the profile icon in the upper right corner (mobile devices are located in the lower right corner)。
3. In Account Details, select Log out of all devices.
4. Enter your password and click Log out.
Use other devices or browsers
Cache or cookie issues with the browser or device you are using after extended use may result in Disney+ error code 142.
Try switching to a different device or another browser to open Disney+.
Update the Disney+ app
The Disney Plus app pushes out new features and fixes known issues by updating to new versions. If you do not update timely or are not using the latest version of the app, it may cause Disney Plus to not work well.
Please download or update the latest Disney Plus app.
Reinstall Disney Plus
If your Disney Plus application is already the latest version, there may be an error with the application, you can try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it.
This action will refresh your account information and reconnect your account to the Disney Plus servers. You will need to log in to your Disney+ account again.
Disney plus error code 142 Amazon Firestick
If you are experiencing Disney+ error code 142 on your Amazon Firestick or Fire TV, you will need to follow these steps to troubleshoot the error.
1. Exit the Disney+ application on your Firestick or Fire TV and restart it.
2. Log out of your Disney+ account and log back in.
3. Check for errors in the Firestick or Fire TV connected to the Internet.
4. Check the Disney+ server.
5. Update the Disney+ application.
6. Uninstall and then reinstall Disney+ on your Firestick or Fire TV.
If you encounter error code 142 when using Disney+, follow the steps above to troubleshoot the error. If you have tried the above and the error still persists, please contact the Disney Plus Help Center for further support.
Here is the contact number for Disney+ customer support.
- (US) – 888-905-7888
- (Canada) – 888-282-0520
- (UK) – 02039 362903
- (Australia) – 01800 965160
Common Disney + Error Codes
Disney plus error code 93 suspicious activity
Some users have found error code 93 and the screen freezes when watching a movie on Disney Plus. This is usually due to Dinesh+ detecting some suspicious activity, such as you sharing account login parameters with someone else, which you can fix by following the method above.
Disney plus error code 91
Disney Plus error code 91 may be due to the application not being able to connect the content to the server, or it may be an Internet or cache file problem.
You can try checking the Internet connection and the Disney+ server, then update or re-download the Disney+ application.
Disney plus error code 83
Disney Plus error code 83 may be due to device compatibility issues, Internet connection errors, account problems, server problems, or web browser incompatibility.
So you can try a different device or browser to use Disney Plus and check your internet connection. Follow the steps above to log back into your Disney Plus account.
Disney plus error code 92
Disney Plus error code 92 can be caused by problems such as temporary service interruptions, poor Internet connection, and server problems. This error code may also be caused if your application is not updated.
Can't Chromecast Disney plus
How to turn off narrator on Disney plus