DIY LED Projector: follow the Steps to Get Your own cinema

vivian334

Since I was a child, I am a tinker. I like to disassemble the East and West at home. I still remember to remove my MP4 once and found that I couldn't put it back. Looking at the case and the circuit board, I cried for half an hour. Recently, I accidentally saw the DIY projector work of a netizen named "tabris" on the Internet , and I was really surprised. I can say that it is a new posture of DIY projection. I have learned new skills and can't help sharing. The whole process of DIY projection of this netizen. Netizens who love hands-on can find out.

Unlike ordinary DIY projectors , Tabris's work uses LED light sources, and the chassis is actually transformed from a plastic rice tank purchased at a supermarket! Below, let's take a look at the entire process of the tabris DIY projector.

The original text of the following text netizen "tabris":

Introducing the essential loose parts

LCD screen​

My 6.3 is still a 6.4-inch TOSHIBA screen, the screen test when it arrives. This screen can achieve a resolution of 1024 × 768 on more than 6 points. It is selected for this point. The backlight is also easy to remove. There is no screw fixation. It is double-sided adhesive. The area is large, with half the area of the screen, which occupies more space.

LED lights​

Protagonist: 100w led big feature! After a lot of tossing, it is already old, the key is to light it up, huh, huh. It should be noted that high-power LEDs need to be equipped with thick heat sinks, and the fixed screws must be selected thick, otherwise it is easy to screw off the heat sink, so I scrapped a heat sink.

heat sink

heat sink​

This is a heat sink, thick enough and big enough to see that my LED is crooked, because this is the heat sink that was scrapped due to the broken screw. The LED is crooked to avoid the broken screw head. , A good heat sink has been replaced when it is officially installed.

Assembly effect
This is the heat sink actually used when installing the machine. After research, there is indeed a problem with the uneven contact surface mentioned by pppcat (another netizen). The LED itself and the heat sink are a bit. The fan is backed up, depending on the actual temperature before deciding whether to operate.

vivian334

The first step of installation: fixing the LCD panel and the front mirror. After disassembling the LCD, the original frame is also discarded. The screen frame is made of plastic strips for the folder, plus two upper and lower plastic pieces (made of thick pad saws for writing sold in stationery stores), plus 502 , Very strong.

Having said that, the LCD control board has a large area, and a vertical plastic piece is added behind the screen frame to fix the control board.

Front Mirror​

The front mirror and the frame are also made of plastic strips of the file folder and the plastic sheet of the pad. Here, two plastic strips are used to achieve trapezoidal adjustment. The plastic pieces on the top and bottom of the Philip mirror are made with 4 holes, which are used in the back installation.

Trapezoidal adjustment mechanism close-up​

The close-up of the trapezoidal adjustment mechanism can be easily achieved by passing the bicycle wire through two plastic strips and adding a gear. How to transform a rice tank into a chassis

Close-up of rice tank​

The "concubine" Yu Zhao forgot to take it, I am really sorry. However, it is the simplest of the three frames, with no moving parts, and it is still a plastic strip plus a plastic sheet. This is the case, and you can guess what it is. I bought the "m-cylinder" from Parkn Supermarket, which is made of plastic and suitable in size

The interior of the rice tank has been polished

The characteristic of this meter cylinder is that the length and width are just suitable for the size of the optical path, so the placement of the circuit becomes a problem. It happens that the height of the meter cylinder is relatively high, so I used a special "upper and lower structure" layout to integrate the circuit and electrical components. Placed on the lower layer, the optical path components are placed on the upper layer, separated by a plastic plate in the middle.

Interface location diagram​

At every angle of the rice tank with "a thousand holes", the interface of the drive board is placed on the lower right, and the power hole is opened on the lower left. Adopt the reflection type, the lens hole opened on the side, "not round", because when the hole is dug, it will be.

The large hole behind the meter cylinder is used to install the LED heat sink and fan.

Various plastic partitions​

The various plastic partitions that need to be used in the chassis are made of plastic chopping boards bought from PARKnSHOP. They are strong enough (tested by the blade). From left to right are the lens fixing plate and the upper and lower compartments Board, front and rear partitions of the lamp room.

Last edited:

vivian334

Similarly, the plate inside the case can't escape the fate of black ... There are some dense holes on the top for heat dissipation.

Install the front and rear partitions first​

Formal installation, first install the front and rear partitions of the light room, this is the top beam of the entire chassis!

These are the brackets for the upper and lower chassis partition plates

What is the white dot?

Also look at the angle behind the buttocks ~ The white dots on the oval holes below the partition are used to fix the internal wiring, and the back has its own distinction.

The second step of installation: power supply and driver circuit board

Led heart, 100w constant current power supply, installed in a corner

The power socket and switch are also safe and happy

The power socket and switch are just split on the left and right sides of the partition, and the wire has to be connected in a circle

According to the design, the drive circuit board is fixed on the upper and lower partitions

Install the drive circuit board​

Because the driver circuit board will be turned over and installed in the lower part of the chassis, all signal wires must pass through the hole in the partition to the upper layer of the chassis.

The most important part of installation

A key step in installation​

The upper and lower partitions are going to be installed, a very chaotic scene. This is a key step in the installation. The two brown and two green wires connected above are the fan power supply.

Continue to install​

After the partition is installed, a large piece of black is the lcd transformer. Because there is not enough space in the lower layer, it can only be placed on the top. However, because it is connected to the power switch on the lower layer, the partition must be installed together.

Fixed transformer​

Fix the transformer on the chassis wall. The high frequency part of this lcd driver board is separated. A small circuit board is also installed on the upper layer, just beside the transformer.

Fixed lens​

The lens is fixed on the small plastic board with small screws, and then the small plastic board is fixed on the inner wall of the chassis.

After installation, you're done

========================
To be continued