Is TCL 43S525 the best 4K TV under $300? Pros and Cons from user reviews

Tyler123

TCL 43S525 is a 4K TV that produced by the famous Chinese TV brand TCL. The TCL 43S525 has attracted much attention by many users because of a recent test by Rtings. In the test of "Best TV Under $300", TCL 43S525 ranked first with a 7.1 mixed usage score. Is TCL 43S525 really the best 4K TV under $300? What is Is TCL 43S525's pros and cons? Here I listed some users' reviews:

Is TCL 43S525 the best 4K TV under $300? Pros and Cons from user reviews

TCL 43S525 (2019 model) Technical Details

Brand
: TCL
Type: LED
Resolution: 4k
Max Thickness 2.68" (6.8 cm)
Item Weight: 23.1 pounds
Product Dimensions: 37.8 x 10 x 24.5 inches
Item model number: 43S525
Main competitors: Vizio V Series 2019, the Samsung RU7100, and the Amazon Fire TV 2019.

TCL 43S525 User Reviews:

01. I have had this TV for about 2 weeks now. The picture quality is amazing and like all other LED TVs, the sound is weak, and therefore you might need to purchase a soundbar if you want better sound. The ROKU software is intuitive and easy to use. I was able to sign in to my various paid subscriptions with ease. Plus it offers you free movies through its won Roku Channel. You are also able to watch free TV such as national news outlets. If you want to cut your cord, ROKU is the way to go.

02. Unit came with dead pixels, vertical banding, and really bad dirty screen effect. Vertical banding never got any better. Roku integration is nice and the picture would be good if it weren't for the other issues. Guess I lost the panel lottery!

03.The TV worked great…while it worked. Every once in a while, there would be a black line near the top of the screen, while watching through one of the smart tv apps, but this went away if I turned the tv off and on again

04.Here's the problem: I received this tv January 2, 2020. On March 31, 2020, while I was using it, the video just froze and the tv got darker and darker until only the backlight was left. The audio was still working. I contacted TCL, they sent me a box to mail my tv off to a repair center and I received a TV back on April 20, 2020. Turn it on, set it back up, everything works well and the TV seemed to respond a little bit faster than before. "Great," I thought, "I must've just gotten a rare bad tv."

Tonight, June 15, the same thing happened to my "fixed" tv. I was starting to get worried cuz the black line at the top had randomly reappeared while watching Netflix, but surely history won't repeat itself.

05. Came on time and perfectly packaged. Physical and technical set up was very easy. Sharp, vivid picture. We're super happy with this tv and the price.

06. Came in perfect condition and setup only took a few minutes.

07. Came well packed - easy pest set up BUT PICTURE IS NOT SHARP AND CLEAR! It’s dark and grainy with no settings available to make it better. Had HIGH hopes of it being much - much better picture.

In conclusion, TCL 43S525 can be described as follows:

TCL 43S525 Pros:
  • good picture considering its price
  • easy to setup
  • Roku software
TCL 43S525 Cons:
  • weak sound
  • low screen effect
  • High failure rate

mtn328

I thought the Rtings are doing their best in the TV performance testing, while the users are more direct and sensitive to the product usage.

Rtings praised TCL 43S525 for its built-in Roku system, low input lag and good responsive time, which might be important to gamers & youth, for me (a mid-aged non-player), it is not the best choice.