Justice League Dark: Apokolips War (2020) Roast

Carl B

Justice League Dark: Apokolips War (2020) has already been released on May 5. As a sequel to 2017's Justice League Dark (2017) and the fifteenth and final film in the DC Animated Movie Universe(DCAMU) and the 38th film overall in the DC Universe Animated Original Movies line, the new movie is focusing on the war between Justice League and Darkseid.

In the 90 min film, I really want to diss it. Let's talk about the advantages first.

First of all, I never thought that a super movie like Justice League Dark: Apokolips War would become a R-class, but this R-class movie can be said to be more comfortable to watch. I laughed when the crow said "for f-ck sack". Watching the superheroes being torn up one by one, I will always be scared. This kind of death method is really more meaningful than that of Avengers 3.

justice.jpg

Second, most of the early layout is seen in Justice League Dark: Apokolips War. Superman's motivation in decision-making before the war comes from Superman's death, while lightning man's fear of world war comes from the paradox of flashpoint; Amanda's death is explained in the suicide squad, etc.

Third, the tragic ending of each hero. I am shocked by these arrangements. Most of them are half dead because of hot springs. Steel and the wall of origin are one. Superman is injected with liquid kryptonite. And those superheroes who have been transformed will feel a little sad when they see the ending of a hero. The superman who put forward the war motion may feel even worse.

Let's talk about the shortcomings of Justice League Dark: Apokolips War.

First, the narrative is not up to standard. Come up and fight. Although you have the foreshadowing of the previous movie, at least you should brew it? Did Superman leave as soon as he slapped the table? Every line of the movie is skimmed by a dragonfly. I just think it's superficial and boring.
I don't see the depth that is the peak of human intelligence. I feel that figure painting is not as attentive as the previous films. To put it bluntly, it's ugly. This movie makes me feel that I am not very attentive to the story and characters.

Second, there is a problem with the setting in Justice League Dark: Apokolips War. In this part, I have more subjective emotions.

First of all, it conflicts with the inherent settings of comics, which is not to say that it cannot be changed. All kinds of story lines in comics show us all kinds of possibilities of characters, so as to make the characters' images more diversified and three-dimensional. You can change the background, but you can't change the character of the character unless something special has happened in this story line, which makes the character different from the original character.

All in all, the movie Justice League Dark: Apokolips War has neither a brilliant story arrangement nor my expectation as a cartoon fan. I've been looking forward to this movie, but I didn't feel very satisfied after watching it.

Last edited: