LG UHD 4K cannot connect Samsung sound bar

Wyatt21

Big fan of this sound bar I've had it for over a year and don't want to give up on it yet, here's the issue: HDMI-arc suddenly stopped working after I muted it earlier today. I've tried everything I can think of: turning off the tv, unplugging the sound bar, updating the sound bar, changing the HDMI cord, cycling through the inputs, going to all of my tv settings (note I didn't change any settings from when the device was working). Weird thing is I can connect to the LG UHD 4K tv via Bluetooth, and the tv recognizes that HDMI is connected to the tv but sound won't come on. I've been doing anything I can think of and read all the articles and manuals. I don't want to get a new sound bar yet and I'm not ready to send it in for service (mainly because it's out of warranty. (Also hard reset the bar). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

akagi1945

ARC does things like that.

To figure it out you try this bar on another TV and another hopefully known good bar on this TV. The ARC is just two pins on HDMI so it can be "blown" and to fix it the TV needs a new board (the one that has the HDMI ports usually.

Wyatt21

ARC does things like that.

To figure it out you try this bar on another TV and another hopefully known good bar on this TV. The ARC is just two pins on HDMI so it can be "blown" and to fix it the TV needs a new board (the one that has the HDMI ports usually.
Bought a Vizio sound bar and HDMI arc worked instantly