Panasonic GZ2000 Review | Comparison with Sony BVM-X300

The Panasonic GZ2000 is undoubtedly one of the best OLED televisions, if not the best television, of 2019. With its rich custom panel and a 140W Dolby Atmos speaker system, you’re getting an exceptional experience for both your eyes and ears.

Wyatt21

The Panasonic GZ2000 looks great, but it lacks HDMI 2.1 ,that would be not suitable for gamers if they were looking to upgrade.

akagi1945

It's more about the future really, I mean next-gen consoles next year for instance.
I'm guessing the Ps5 will do 4K (2160p)@ 30 fps / 1440p (2.6K) @ 60 fps and 1080p(2K) @ 120fps. I will only play consoles most likely, and have zero problems whatsoever gaming on my B6. HDMI 2.1 is the least of my concerns tbh.

Amnesia

I'm guessing the Ps5 will do 4K (2160p)@ 30 fps / 1440p (2.6K) @ 60 fps and 1080p(2K) @ 120fps. I will only play consoles most likely, and have zero problems whatsoever gaming on my B6. HDMI 2.1 is the least of my concerns tbh.
I'm pretty sure next gen consoles will hit 4k@60, the X already does for some titles. Even with use of checkerboarding, the console is doing the upscaling so it is outputting at the same as native 4k would be. If you don't care about HDR it won't matter, but HDR is easily the biggest jump since HD. Full HD to 4k is much smaller in my opinion. 4k@60 with 10 bit uncompressed ends up being 20 Gbps whereas 2.0 can only go up to 18 Gbps.

I'm pretty sure next gen consoles will hit 4k@60, the X already does for some titles. Even with use of checkerboarding, the console is doing the upscaling so it is outputting at the same as native 4k would be. If you don't care about HDR it won't matter, but HDR is easily the biggest jump since HD. Full HD to 4k is much smaller in my opinion. 4k@60 with 10 bit uncompressed ends up being 20 Gbps whereas 2.0 can only go up to 18 Gbps.
You reckon the PS5 will do 4K 120Hz? Do you know how taxing that is? Even a 2080Ti can’t play 4K 120Hz. The only feature you’ll need it for it VRR and ALLM and maybe eARC

What is VRR,ALLM and eARC? Why does it matter so much?
Variable refresh rate (matches frame rate to refresh rate for gaming). Auto low latency mode (tv recognises you’re gaming and automatically puts the tv into game mode so you have the lowest input lag). Enhanced audio return channel (instead of having to plug your devices into an av receiver to output high bitrate audio, you can plug them directly into your tv. This means your smart tv can take care of input switching rather than having to use the av receiver).

akagi1945

Variable refresh rate (matches frame rate to refresh rate for gaming). Auto low latency mode (tv recognises you’re gaming and automatically puts the tv into game mode so you have the lowest input lag). Enhanced audio return channel (instead of having to plug your devices into an av receiver to output high bitrate audio, you can plug them directly into your tv. This means your smart tv can take care of input switching rather than having to use the av receiver).
Thanks what people mean when they say BFI?

And why people say that HDMI 2.1 isn't full spec's yet? That it isn't complete in LG C9?

Thanks what people mean when they say BFI?

And why people say that HDMI 2.1 isn't full spec's yet? That it isn't complete in LG C9?
BFI is black frame insertion. OLED has an almost instant response time (led is much slower) when switching pixel colour which can cause camera panning shots to not look as smooth as it pans. This happens because most tv shows and movies are shot at 24 frames per second. To make it smoother, the tv companies are inserting extra frames to increase the frame rate which are just black screens but because they happen so quickly we won’t see the black frame.

HDMI 2.1 is full spec. For the LG C9 to receive 2.1 certification from the HDMI Forum, it has to have every feature specified in the 2.1 specification. So LG C9 has the full HDMI 2.1 spec.

vivian334

It's truly an amazing TV, but, it's also among the most expensive ones, it's not available in the US and the OS and UI still need some work.

Though it's still a great TV and it also supports both HDR10+ and Dolby Vision.