Sonos is eager to build Sonos PLAYBASE into an all-purpose sound equipment

Miley

Sonos PLAYBASE

Sonos PLAYBASE's seamless design also gives some sense of security. If you look around the sound device, you'll find almost no seams. There is only one physical button for the mechanical power switch, and a fiber optic interface, a power socket and an Ethernet interface are hidden in the back of the body. Such concise design also lets it can match harmoniously between TV and TV counter, also won't appear obtrusive.

Even when the TV is turned off, Sonos PLAYBASE can be used as a wireless speaker, just like a regular wireless speaker. In addition to the wireless connection, the Ethernet port on the back of Sonos PLAYBASE can also be wired to the home network, though I'd prefer an HDMI port instead of an Ethernet port if I had to maintain the three-port configuration. After all, even though both are lossless for digital transmission, fiber optics can only deliver 5.1 channels, not the 7.1 channels of HDMI. Of course, 5.1 channels are perfectly adequate for the average household, but being born out of the box still makes people uncomfortable.

The Sonos PLAYBASE's interior is equipped with six tenor speakers, three high pitched speakers (two of which sound laterally) and a custom-designed ultra-thin 5.25-inch woofer, each of which provides circuit control via an internal separate amplifier.

After using it, it is not difficult to find that Sonos is eager to build PLAYBASE into an all-purpose sound equipment. If you look at the disassembly diagram, you can see that the internal space of PLAYBASE is extremely demanding. However, the technical difficulties made it three years before Sonos finally got the product to the ground. Of course, I believe that Sonos PLAYBASE is adequate for the vast majority of uses, whether it's surround sound, stereo, or high, medium, or low sound. It's as balanced as possible, but I have to say that it's still a long way from the single-product devices that focus on a particular range of performance.