Sony Introduces Passkey Support for PlayStation Accounts

XXMAN98

Sony announced today, via its official Twitter account, the addition of Passkey support for PlayStation accounts. This new feature allows users to log in to their accounts without entering a password, whether through the web browser, mobile app, or PlayStation gaming console.

Sony Introduces Passkey Support for PlayStation Accounts.jpg

Passkey is a form of digital authentication credential used for identity verification on websites or applications, offering a passwordless authentication method. Currently, both the World Wide Web Consortium and the FIDO Alliance are actively promoting this technology.

Typically stored by the operating system or browser, Passkey can be synchronized across different devices within the same ecosystem through the cloud. Alternatively, it can be stored solely on a physical device such as a security key.

In essence, Passkey enables players to use authentication methods other than passwords when logging into PSN, such as fingerprint, facial recognition, and PIN codes. Users opting for this feature can set up Passkey via the security section of their PSN ID account management page on PS5, PS4, PS App, or the PlayStation website.

Compared to traditional passwords, Passkey offers greater convenience and security by simplifying the login process through biometric authentication. It helps mitigate online threats like phishing attacks, as there are no passwords to steal or one-time SMS codes to intercept.

ReginaHolt

Sony announced today, via its official Twitter account, the addition of Passkey support for PlayStation accounts. This new feature allows users to log in to their accounts without entering a password, whether through the web browser, mobile app, or PlayStation gaming console.

View attachment 21902

Passkey is a form of digital authentication credential used for identity verification on websites or applications, offering a passwordless authentication method. Currently, both the World Wide Web Consortium and the FIDO Alliance are actively promoting this technology.

Typically stored by the operating system or browser, Passkey can be synchronized across different devices within the same ecosystem through the cloud. Alternatively, it can be stored solely on a physical device such as a security key.

In essence, Passkey enables players to use authentication methods other than passwords when logging into PSN, such as fingerprint, facial recognition, and PIN codes. Users opting for this feature can set up Passkey via the security section of their PSN ID account management page on PS5, PS4, PS App, or the PlayStation website.

Compared to traditional passwords, Passkey offers greater convenience and security by simplifying the login process through biometric authentication. It helps mitigate online threats like phishing attacks, as there are no passwords to steal or one-time SMS codes to intercept.

Thanks for the info, I think it is worth buying. In my college, I always perform well in every subject, but the one subject in which I was not good was dissertation writing. A few months ago, I tried this https://ukwritings.com/dissertation-help service to enhance my ranking or for learning purposes as well, so I ordered an assignment, and after a few days, the result was amazing, and after submitting it, My teacher praised me because I learned a lot of good things from it.
Thanks for the info, I think it is worth buying.

Edit: I bought it.

Last edited: