The Call of the Wild is not like the original story

Venus

Personally, I think it is better to shoot real animals in this kind of movie, like the recent Togo, the previous Eight Below, and so on! When I was 14 or 15 years old ,I watched old version of the movie and it was so good. But this new version The Call of the Wild has nothing to do with the original! The original story is about buck after several masters, finally follow the call of the jungle back to the wild story! The original is ironic and controversial! But it's a good story!

Anyway, The Call of the Wild is a solid kids film. Watching in a theatre full of children absolutely made the viewing experience better. The movie is not particularly memorable; it hits the story beats you would expect based on the trailer and genre but kids will find it entertaining. At no point did it feel in the theatre that younger viewers were squirming to get out, there's enough going on to keep them engaged and rooting for Buck.

The Call of the Wild

Sure, the characters are pretty cookie-cutter and the CGI is heavy, but kids don't dissect things like critics. They'll like the protagonists, they will find the dog(s) to be cute and occasionally silly, and Harrison Ford is charming. That's all that's really needed to have a movie like this stand on its own two feet.

For me I think I'm gonna rate The Call of the Wild 6/10 cause it doesn't feel like the original, but its story is relatively not bad.