- 1 Why is my Toshiba Fire TV remote not working?
How to fix the Toshiba Fire TV remote not working?
- 2.1 Power Cycle Toshiba Fire TV Remote Control
- 2.2 Replace remote control batteries
- 2.3 Re-pair the remote control
- 2.4 Reset remote control
- 2.5 Check the infrared sensor of the remote control
- 2.6 Remove the obstacle in front of the TV
- 2.7 Restart Toshiba Fire TV (power cycle)
- 2.8 Update Toshiba Fire TV
- 2.9 Download the Amazon Fire TV app as a remote
- 2.10 Buy a new remote/Get support
- 3 Summary
This article will show you how to fix the Toshiba Fire TV remote not working.
Toshiba Fire TV allows you to get a smart TV with the Amazon Fire TV platform at an affordable price, and you can enjoy the streaming and features of Fire TV through it. However, you may be disappointed if your Toshiba Fire TV remote doesn't work properly. Fortunately, you are not the first user to encounter this problem, and you can try to fix it yourself simply by following the methods in this article.
Why is my Toshiba Fire TV remote not working?
Many users have complained that their Toshiba Fire TV remote does not work properly, which prevents them from operating some functions on the TV or streaming. There are many reasons for this problem, many times it is a problem with the software of the TV or a faulty remote control. Whatever the cause, in most cases you can do the troubleshooting yourself. Please read the following methods.
Other reasons are listed below.
Battery issues: Of all the causes, this is the most serious. Low battery charge, incorrect battery insertion, and other related issues can all cause a fire stick remote to stop working.
Wrong Pairing: It is difficult for a remote to work if it is not paired with the Fire TV. Always remember to pair your remote before using it after replacing it.
Obstructions: A direct line of sight between your remote and the Fire Stick is not required. However, when there is an obstruction, the range can be drastically reduced.
Distance: The Fire TV remote uses Bluetooth rather than infrared. Their theoretical range is about 30 feet, but in practice, it is much lower.
Interference: Any device that can restrict Bluetooth connections can prevent your remote from working properly.
Replacement remotes that are incompatible with your Fire Stick will not work.
Internal faults from a failed component or external water damage can also prevent your Fire Stick remote from working.
How to fix the Toshiba Fire TV remote not working?
Power Cycle Toshiba Fire TV Remote Control
This method usually solves most problems. You can power cycle the remote control by following these steps.
1. Open the back cover of the remote control and remove the remote control batteries.
2. Press and hold the Power button on the remote control for about 60 seconds, this operation is to consume the remaining power in the remote control.
3. Press each button on the remote control 2-3 times in a turn.
This step will help the remote control to remove the dust and stains from the crevices. Also, some buttons will get stuck, which will make that button and other buttons not work.
So make sure you press each button, you can also tap the remote control on your palm a few times to release the dirt hidden deep inside. Stuck buttons will also be restored by this operation.
4. Put the battery back into the remote control again and check if the buttons on the remote control work.
5. Put the back cover of the remote control on.
Replace remote control batteries
If you have power cycled the remote control but the remote control is still not working, it is likely that your remote control has run out of power. When the battery is dead or the power is too low, the remote control will not work properly.
You need to remove the back cover of the remote control, replace the batteries with new ones, and then cover the back cover. You can clean the battery compartment with a soft cloth before putting in the new batteries.
Re-pair the remote control
If your remote control is unpaired with Toshiba Fire TV, the remote control will not be able to control Toshiba Fire TV, you need to re-pair the remote control.
When you remove the battery cover on the enhanced Toshiba Fire TV, you'll find a pairing button on the back of the remote. Simply hold down this pairing button for 15 seconds to connect.
If there is no pairing button on your remote control, press and hold the Home button on the remote control for about 15 seconds. Then wait for the remote control to finish pairing with your Fire TV.
If the remote will not pair, turn off both the TV and the remote, wait a few moments, and then try again.
Reset remote control
If you have re-paired the remote control with your TV and the remote still does not work, you can try to reset the remote control. This will restore the remote control to the factory default settings.
1. Turn off your Fire TV.
2. Press and hold the Left button, Menu button, and Back button on the remote control at the same time and hold for 15 seconds.
3. Release the buttons and wait a few seconds.
4. Remove the batteries from the remote control.
5. Turn on your Toshiba Fire TV again.
6. Put the batteries back into the remote control.
7. Press the Home button on the remote control to pair as above.
Check the infrared sensor of the remote control
The IR sensor between the remote control and the TV needs to be working properly to transmit and receive signals. You can simply use the camera app on your phone to check if the IR sensor is working.
1. Open the camera app on your phone.
2. Point the signal light on the top of the remote control at the camera.
3. Press the button on the remote control.
4. Check if there is a red light flashing from the camera.
If your remote control does not have a flashing light when you press the button, the remote control may be malfunctioning or running out of power.
Remove the obstacle in front of the TV
Similarly, items such as furniture between the TV and the remote control may obstruct the transmission of infrared signals. You need to make sure there are no obstructions in front of the TV.
Restart Toshiba Fire TV (power cycle)
If you have tried the above fixes for the remote control and the problem still persists, then the likely cause is out of the TV. You can try to restart your Toshiba Fire TV by following the steps below.
1. Unplug the Toshiba Fire TV from the wall outlet.
2. Press and hold the power button on your Toshiba Fire TV for 60 seconds.
3. Wait for more than one minute.
4. Plug the power back into the outlet.
5. Turn on the Toshiba Fire TV.
This will soft reset your Toshiba Fire TV and refresh the TV's power level. This will usually fix most TV software or system problems. Now you can try using the remote control to see if it works.
Update Toshiba Fire TV
Toshiba Fire TV usually updates automatically, but if you miss the update for some reason, it may prevent the TV from performing at its best. An outdated system version may also be the reason why the remote does not work.
You will need to update your Toshiba Fire TV's software to the latest version.
Download the Amazon Fire TV app as a remote
The Amazon Fire TV app is also a solution for users whose remotes don't work or who have lost their remotes. You can download the free app on your phone and use the remote on it to control your Toshiba Fire TV.
1. Connect your Toshiba Fire TV and your phone to the same WiFi network.
2. Download the Fire TV app on your Android or IOS device.
3. Open the app and tap your Toshiba Fire TV to connect.
4. Enter the four-digit code on the TV screen.
5. Once connected you can remotely control your TV on the Fire TV app.
Buy a new remote/Get support
If you confirm that the remote is faulty, you may need to buy a new Fire TV remote or contact Toshiba's after-sales support.
If you are experiencing problems with the Toshiba Fire TV remote not working, you can follow the methods in this article to fix it. Usually, these methods will solve most of the problems, if you have tried all the options and still have no luck, you'd better contact Toshiba for further support.
Toshiba Fire tv remote not working only power button works
This could be due to some buttons on the remote being stuck, causing many of the buttons not to work. Or it could be due to the remote control running low on power. You can follow the above method to troubleshoot.
How to pair Firestick remote?
1. Open the back cover of the Firestick remote control and put in new batteries.
2. Turn on the Firestick.
3. Press and hold the Home button on the remote control for about 10 seconds.
4. When the light on the remote control flashes, release the Home button. This means your remote control has been paired successfully.
You may be interested in:
How to reset Firestick without remote
How to Watch Yellowstone on Firestick
How to Download Apps on Amazon Fire TV