Epson EH-TW9400: the management of HDR is really excellent

vivian334

I recently calibrated the Epson TW9400 for the first time , so I would like to take this opportunity to share with you, dear readers, my first impressions.
What I saw at the Paris Audio Video Show last fall seems to be confirmed: the fluidity problems encountered by its predecessor, the Epson EH-TW9300 , are now a thing of the past! Indeed, not only is the fluidity correct without image interpolation, but with the latter it is as good as with the Epson EH-TW9200 , EH-LS10000 or EH-LS10500 . Of course this needs to be confirmed by a complete test bench, which I will not fail to realize soon on Home Cinema Tendances, but if there was a problem of fluidity, it would have nothing to do with what we have known with the Epson EH-TW9300 .

Epson EH-TW9400W

Epson EH-TW9400W
But the improvements don't stop there with the Epson EH-TW9400 ! Indeed, the management of HDR is really excellent, but that's not all because it is the first time that I see such complete settings on a projector to balance the white balance. Usually we find rather this kind of calibration tools on TV, that is to say if Epson is doing strong with a projector of less than 3000 €!

Certainly, the Epson EH-TW9400 is perfectible, we could for example have hoped for deeper blacks or an image interpolation activatable in Ultra HD, but for 2799 €, you really get what you pay for! This is so true that I am willing to bet that the Epson EH-TW9400 will be a bestseller of 2019 in this price range.