sony How did SONY 8K TV Z8H implement the frame speaker?

Nike Kidman

As Sony's latest 8K TV, how can Z8H not have the new black technology blessing? The brand-new black technology "magic frame sound field speaker" equipped with Z8H is another new breakthrough of Sony's TV sound technology after "screen sound field" and "multi-channel screen sound field".

Magic frame sound field speakers
bring a new upgrade to the multi-channel screen sound field. By hiding the speaker unit at the back of the screen, the liquid crystal panel cannot compensate for the sound of vibration and realize the magical experience of frame sound.

How did SONY 8K TV Z8H implement the frame speaker?

Sony has one unit on each side of the LCD panel of the Z8H, and two woofer units on the bottom of the panel. Working through these speakers at the same time, it eventually brings a sound effect like a screen sound field.

Will the vibration of the bezel affect the screen life?

In a previous interview at CES, Daisuke Genjin, product design manager of Sony Home Entertainment and Audio Products Company, said: This problem does not need to be worried. After rigorous testing, it proves that the vibration of the frame does not affect the structure and life of the screen. .

So what is the actual effect it brings?

In the Dolby Atmos sound experience, Z8H can make the sound come along with the picture at the same time, the car passing from front to back, the bird flying from left to right, the sense of presence is very strong; the sound image is scattered and each sound The volume of the part is properly distributed, and the Z8H has high sound clarity, which can well suppress the background noise and make the sound performance more layered. When the reflected sound reaches the two ears from all directions, Z8H's sound performance makes the human ear feel surrounded by the surrounding, and the sense of space is very strong.

Out of curiosity, when playing the Dolby Atmos sound clip, I touched the frame of the Z8H with my hand, and found that no matter where the frame was, I could feel a slight vibration. Listening closely, the sound is indeed emitted from the frame , And then spread to the position of the sounding object in the picture, thus achieving a sound quality that is quite close to the screen sound field. At this moment, my feeling is still that word-the integration of sound and picture .

In terms of music experience, we selected "Hotel California" live version, "Unlasting" and "Star Sky", you can feel whether it is vocals, instrument sounds or bass effects, Sony Z8H has a very strong performance.

In the mid-frequency part of "Unlasting", Z8H fully shows the singer's magnetic sound, full of three-dimensional sense, the separation of vocals and soundtrack is clear, but it is quite compact.

When playing orchestras such as "Star Sky", the momentum is magnificent, and the low-frequency atmosphere and impact are most vividly displayed.

To sum up:
the low-frequency dive is strong and powerful, the mid-frequency vocals are delicate, full and magnetic, the treble is full of details, and the concept of combining sound and picture is fully demonstrated on the Z8H.

I believe that even picky fans like audio and video will not be dissatisfied with the performance of such sound effects.