How to add TV apps from the Samsung App Store

Wyatt21

Using the Samsung App Store

If you don't see an app on your Samsung Smart TV Homepage (aka Smart Hub) you would like to access, it may be available via the Samsung Apps Store.

To find out if the app is available and then add it, do the following:
If you have a Samsung account, click Apps on the menu bar.

This will take you to the My Apps screen that displays all the pre-loaded apps, as well as access to apps in other categories, such as What's New, Most Popular, Video, Lifestyle, and Entertainment.

If you see an app that's not in My Apps, but would like to add it, select the icon for that app within one of the categories of the apps. This will take you to that app's install page, which also provides information on what the app does, as well as some sample screenshots showing how the app works.

If you don't see the app you want in the official categories listings you can see if it's available in the Samsung Apps store using the Search feature. To search for an app, select the magnifying glass located on the top-right corner of any of the app menu screens.

Select your desired app, and then select Install.

After the app is installed you'll be prompted to open it. If you don't want to open the app, just leave the menu and open it later from My Apps.

If you own a Samsung Smart TV from 2014 or an earlier model year, the onscreen menu system may look different; there may also be variations in the steps used to add apps.

Last edited: