How to install 3rd party apps on LG smart TV?

Hsadas

I found that the application I wanted is not in the LG Content Store. Is there a way to install 3rd party apps on LG smart TVs? thanks!

Last edited:

Timins

LG Smart TV uses LG's WebOS, which does not allow the installation of 3rd party applications. It is not an Android device, so you cannot access the Google Play Store or sideload APK files.

LLLisa

You can buy a streaming stick or Android TV box to connect with your LG tv to access more apps, such as Amazon Fire tv cube/ stick, apple TV stick, Mi Box or roku Premiere. They work well with LG TV and you can download or sideload any apps.

They are not expensive, recommend Mi Box S. You can find it on Amazon. I have it with my TV, it really provides a good streaming experience!

Hsadas

LG Smart TV uses LG's WebOS, which does not allow the installation of 3rd party applications. It is not an Android device, so you cannot access the Google Play Store or sideload APK files.
OK, got it. Appreciate for your effort!

Hsadas

You can buy a streaming stick or Android TV box to connect with your LG tv to access more apps, such as Amazon Fire tv cube/ stick, apple TV stick, Mi Box or roku Premiere. They work well with LG TV and you can download or sideload any apps.

They are not expensive, recommend Mi Box S. You can find it on Amazon. I have it with my TV, it really provides a good streaming experience!
Thanks a lot, I will consider about it.