Is OnePlus TV U series good? Features and Review of OnePlus U/Y series

mtn328

OnePlus has just launched new and more affordable U-series and Y-series Android TVs in India. It includes three models: 55-inch 4K model, 43-inch full HD model and 32-inch high-definition model. These TVs all run the Android TV Pie system and have a one-plus customized content recommendation interface called OxygenPlay .

OnePlus TV U Series 55U1

Among the three OnePlus models, the 55-inch flagship model in the U series is more concerned than the other two models, using a super streamlined metal chassis and aluminum alloy frame. A thicker module on the back, carrying the motherboard, speaker components and ports, is covered with a layer of carbon fiber textured material, making the TV look very advanced. In addition, OnePlus also uses a removable cover to cover the port, which makes the design more concise.

In terms of display screen, the resolution of the 55-inch LED (probably LED-backlit LCD) panel is 3840×2160 pixels. In terms of color accuracy, the TV claims to support 93% of the DCI-P3 color gamut. In addition, OnePlus TV U series 55-inch 4K models also support HDR, including Dolby Vision, HDR10/10+ and HLG. OnePlus refers to the entire package as "movie-style display."

OnePlus TV U Series 55U1

OnePlus TV U series has a dedicated Gamma Engine that uses dynamic gamma curves to optimize colors by recognizing different scenes and faces. In addition, Gamma Engine can also realize motion estimation, motion compensation (MEMC) for increasing frame rate, and anti-aliasing for smoothing sharp creases.

OnePlus TV U1 is equipped with a quad-core MediaTek MT5887 chipset, with four Cortex A53 cores, supplemented by 3GB of memory and 16GB of internal storage space.

In terms of audio, OnePlus TV U1 is equipped with 30W speakers, including two full-range speakers and two tweeters. It is also equipped with Dolby Atmos support to enhance sound quality. These speakers can be rotated by 90º.

Is OnePlus TV U/Y series good?

OnePlus TV Remote

OnePlus TV U1 is also equipped with a smart remote control with dedicated Netflix and Prime video buttons.

OnePlus TV Y Series 43 inch Full HD and 32 inch HD

There are two models of the more affordable OnePlus TV Y series: the 43-inch Full HD model and the 32-inch HD ready (1366×768) model. Both TVs also support the same color accuracy and Gamma Engine optimization for improving color and Dynamic contrast, anti-aliasing and noise reduction functions, but lack of more advanced motion compensation (MEMC) function .

Is OnePlus TV U series good? Features and Review of OnePlus U/Y series

OnePlus TV Y1 43 and 32 are equipped with a 20W speaker configuration that supports Dolby sound. Compared with the U-series flagship models, the borders of these two TVs are relatively thick, and the design is obviously more economical, supplemented by 1GB of memory and 8GB of built-in storage space.

The new TV also supports Oxygen Connect, you can use Android or iOS devices to control the TV, you can connect up to 5 devices via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, you can control the TV without a remote control.

OnePlus TV U series Y series price and release date

IT House learned that the price of 55 inches for OnePlus TV U1 is 49999 Indian rupees (approximately $669), and the price of 43 inches for OnePlus TV Y1 is 22999 Indian rupees (approximately $ 308) for 32-inch models The price is 12999 Indian rupees (about $174 ), and the three TVs will be sold through the Amazon of India starting July 5.

Last edited:

ashley

In the UK anyway, HD channels are 720p, so there's not really any reason why you need to go higher than that.

I've always found that because of the distance from the screen, it really isnt worth the increased cost anyway

Tyler123

I have a Xiaomi MiTV 4X (43 in) and I've had no issues whatsoever. The installation guy came soon after I bought the TV. And I beleive in the ideology that I personally have no point investing in expensive TVs because ultimately I'm streaming most of the time. And I personally do not require the ultra high res color accurate display with all the bells and the whistles. Yet I get a 4k display with Android TV, and that's about what I need. Agreed that the quality is not as great as Sony or LG, but over 99% of the time I don't notice anything. All I wish is if tje brightness was higher, I like high brightness generally. Merge that with extremely cheap Broadband+cheap Streaming services price, it's the perfect package.

For people wondering why these (cheap) products don't always make it to the European/North American market.

The TV/tech gadget in general market in the Middle East for example has products you've never heard of that companies like Sony and Samsung make. Even if you look at cars, there are Kia and Nissan models sold here that you wouldn't even know about because they're cheaper to produce since they don't have to conform to safety standards set in the EU/NA and therefore sell more in higher volumes. Have you ever heard of the coffin on wheels called the Hyundai Verna?

OnePlus-TVs-759_副本.jpg

I could make more examples, but OnePlus are right trying this out in the Indian market first. If they had more of a presence and brand power in the Middle East, I have no doubt they'd be targeting us too just like Oppo and Huawei are. Less purchasing power means they can get away with making products that don't cost that much in terms of parts/assembly and can be sold in higher volumes.

ashley

Specification details of the new OnePlus TV U series and Y series

The new OnePlus TV U1 offers a minimalistic design. The screen-to-body ratio is a stunning 95 per cent. The bezels on the new TVs are almost negligible as OnePlus has used one single piece of Aluminum to give four almost 90-degree corners instead of the usual round ones. One of the major talking points of the new TVs’ design is that they are toned down to 6.9 mm at their thinnest points.

The new lineup also has a new Cinematic display under the hood with a DCI-P3 color gamut of 93 per cent to provide more vivid displays. They boast of Dolby’s imaging Vision HDR technology which will help improve contrast, colour and brightness of the TVs. These TVs will run on Android TV 9.0 topped by Oxygen OS.

ashley

Overall, the OnePlus U Series is a good option for those looking to upgrade to a larger screen. It is also good for those who want to get rid of all their fire sticks and Android boxes that make TVs smarter. This is a smart TV in the real sense of the term. At a price of Rs 49,999, the 55-inch TV is great value for money and a one-stop-shop for all your entertainment needs.

1593738452314.png