Otherwise_Lock2547
New member
Audioholics has a piece on IsoAcoustics having its strongest year yet, with JBL, Raidho, Marten, LUMIN and EMM Labs integrating its isolation technology into their own products. The new GAIA-TITAN Neo is apparently already finding its way into flagship loudspeakers ahead of a consumer launch later in 2026.
I'll be the one to say it: OEM adoption is a business story, not evidence. A brand fitting somebody else's feet at the factory tells you the two companies agreed on a price and that the hardware looks right under a five-figure tower. It doesn't tell you what changed at the listening seat.
That said, I don't think decoupling is nonsense, and I don't think it's magic either. It matters a lot in two situations and very little outside them. Suspended wooden floors, where a floorstander or a sub pumps energy into the joists and the entire floor becomes a lossy radiator you cannot EQ away. And speakers sitting on furniture, where the shelf or the cabinet under a centre channel resonates and smears everything through the vocal range. On a slab, with a well braced cabinet, I'd expect close to nothing.
What this whole category never publishes is the one thing that would settle it: an accelerometer trace on the floor with and without, same room, same drive level, same position. Vibration is trivially measurable. That the products still get sold on descriptions of what the soundstage does rather than on that plot is what bugs me.
Has anyone put them under a sub on a suspended floor and actually measured before and after? That's the case where I'd expect a real result.
I'll be the one to say it: OEM adoption is a business story, not evidence. A brand fitting somebody else's feet at the factory tells you the two companies agreed on a price and that the hardware looks right under a five-figure tower. It doesn't tell you what changed at the listening seat.
That said, I don't think decoupling is nonsense, and I don't think it's magic either. It matters a lot in two situations and very little outside them. Suspended wooden floors, where a floorstander or a sub pumps energy into the joists and the entire floor becomes a lossy radiator you cannot EQ away. And speakers sitting on furniture, where the shelf or the cabinet under a centre channel resonates and smears everything through the vocal range. On a slab, with a well braced cabinet, I'd expect close to nothing.
What this whole category never publishes is the one thing that would settle it: an accelerometer trace on the floor with and without, same room, same drive level, same position. Vibration is trivially measurable. That the products still get sold on descriptions of what the soundstage does rather than on that plot is what bugs me.
Has anyone put them under a sub on a suspended floor and actually measured before and after? That's the case where I'd expect a real result.