Progress Update on Xbox Version of "Baldur's Gate 3" from Larian Studios

llisaa

On November 1st, Larian Studios shared insights into the development progress of "Baldur's Gate 3" for the Xbox platform. While the game has been well-received on PC and PS5, the Xbox version has faced delays due to technical reasons. In August of this year, the official announcement came that the split-screen feature for the game on the Xbox Series S platform would be canceled, with the promise that the game would be released by the end of the year.

Progress Update on Xbox Version of Baldur's Gate 3.jpg

Yesterday, Swen Vincke, the founder and CEO of Larian Studios, posted an update on the Xbox version of the game on the X platform.

Swen Vincke noted that the Xbox Series X|S version of the game is currently in the platform testing phase, and they are still targeting a release within this year. The specific release date will be announced when they are certain that the game is ready for launch.

The delay in the Xbox Series X|S version of "Baldur's Gate 3" might be attributed to concerns over the performance of the Xbox Series S. Previously, the PS5 version of the game faced criticism regarding issues like frame drops and an inability to run the performance mode at 60 frames per second. To ensure a smooth experience on the Xbox Series S, Larian Studios is likely focusing on significant optimization and adaptation.

huser

I'm so happy I made the decision to wait to get this on Xbox. This game is amazing but I expected when they decided to bring it to consoles there would be issues. Going to continue to wait it out a bit. Sorry to any that had their saves wiped.