U8G and Tivimate USB recording

Gathomblipoob

I have a Hisense U8G TV and have installed Tivimate on it. I also have Tivimate installed on a Firestick 4K Max attached to the TV.

However, I'd like to be able to use the TV exclusively for IPTV but can't seem to get the system to recognize my USB stick (I've tried several). I've formatted them on my PC (FAT32) and plugged them in as well as formatted them on the TV as removable storage. I can read their contents with a file manager, but that's about it. However, Tivimate gives me a "failed to change directory" error when trying to save the recording directory.
Am I just out of luck? I can continue to use the Firestick as my IPTV system; I just thought it would be nice to consolidate everything into one device.

Thanks in advance.

Ring

I had the same problem as you, I tried to record on a 64gb USB 3.0 flash drive and I got the same error: "Cannot change recording path". Tivimate sees the USB flash drive but won't let me select files on the USB drive? I use another iptv player with recording and the USB flash drive records without problems. I tried everything to fix this but nothing. I think the problem is with Tivimate.

KL111

Try formatting the storage device as extended internal storage in the storage menu. This will allow you to keep the recording folder as the default folder.

nvcheeko

Sorry to bring up old thread but there is a Youtube Video on this, need to click System picker and find drive that way.

Hope someone searches this and get answer