Why haven't game consoles been replaced like mp3 and mp4?

waterloo

Original question: Why have game consoles not been replaced by PCs with better performance and better quality?

Since many people paid too much attention to the word PC, so I slightly modified the question. In fact, I am not concerned about the performance of the host and the PC, but mainly want to know: the host and mp3 are both electronic products with specific functions. Why is the development process so different?

The original intention of this question is that the popularity of ns made me find that the host is still very popular, and the whole industry even has an upward trend due to the introduction of ns and the reversal of the old. But as a pseudo-dual repair player, I have little interest in the console except for the reason that the PC experience is better than the console.

Back to the topic itself: players such as mp3 and mp4 have been replaced by mobile phones and tablets (more accurately, should they be integrated?), But game consoles (such as ps4, ns) have not been better, PCs with stronger compatibility and more comprehensive functions are replaced (specifically in sales, the sales of dual-platform consoles are generally much higher than PCs), why?

Is it the price? Mobile phones are much more expensive than mp3 ... and the price of low-end pc + host can be basically equivalent to high-performance pc.

Operation method? Don't mention the handle on the pc, there are also the steering wheel and the joystick ...

Game culture? Game company's exclusive strategy? Still because of other factors, I hope a friend can help me solve the puzzle.

ashley

A better-performing PC you may able to afford is not the same as "affordable" or "budget choice" for other users.
Even if you like to get one high-performance PC, it is still not as convenient as buying a PS4 or Xbox-just plug it and you can do anything, considering the lack of the knowledge of complicated hardware.

(Compatibility is a problem faced by PCs with complicated hardware, the host basically does not have this problem.)

The so-called "wider" platform is not true, most game hosting companies have a complete sales channel.

This is why there are PC noble and console peasant in game circles. Although the high-end PC game experience crushes the game host, but it is only suitable for very few players who are financially strong and not afraid of tossing. Most people still play the convenient host.

Amnesia

When will you face this problem:

The picture quality does not mean all for a video game.

Not everyone is Game enthusiasts and of course not everyone likes to be sitting on a chair and typing on the keyboard. Those who play games may not be sensitive to the picture, some people just play Games, what 90 frames, 4k resolution means nothing to them