2023 Hisense TV Lineup U6, U7, U8 Review

Jemma

2023 Hisense TV Lineup Review​

At CES 2023, the Hisense TV lineup has been completely revamped, and there's plenty to talk about. In this article, we will introduce the information about Hisense TVs, and let’s see what’s new in 2023.

2023 Hisense TV Lineup Review.jpg

The first thing that you need to know is that, if it says Hisense ULED on it, that means it has mini LED. That is to say, even the entry-level U6K has mini LED backlighting. Otherwise, it's kind of similar to the U6H from last year.

2023 Hisense U6 Entry-level TV​

So that's going to start at around 500 nits and then go up. That is not being done by any other manufacturer here at the show. As far as I'm aware at least not among the tier one and tier 2 manufacturers, mini LED in the U6 now does not necessarily mean that it's going to be breaking any Peak brightness boundaries.

Hisense u6 2023.png

It's going to be kind of sim similar to the U6H, but there will be more control over the backlight, which means better contrast less blooming, and Halo at an unheard-of low price point. It is a 60Hz panel, and it's going to have two HDMI 2.1 inputs. One of those will be the ER port, and it is the same all the way up the lineup at any rate having mini LED at the U6 level. By the way, there will be a filmmaker mode on the U6K. Check the Hisense U6H VS Hisense U8H.

hisense u6h vs u8h.jpg

2023 Hisense U7K Value-added TV​

Talk about value-added, there now let's step up to the U7K. The U7K, like the U7H, is a 120 Hz panel television, also has Mini LED, even more, local dimming zones, and of course higher brightness. I do expect the peak brightness on the U7K to be improved over the U7H. As you know, Hisense keeps claiming certain Peak brightness numbers, and they actually exceed my expectations stations. I don't see any reason why that's going to suddenly change, but now I want to get to the U8K.

2023 Hisense U7K Value-added TV.png

2023 Hisense U8K Flagship TV​

The U8K is considered the flagship TV for the North American Market, and Hisense claimed that it is at about 1500 nits peak brightness. I expect it's going to go much higher than that as it did the past year. All the bells and whistles are built into it everything that you could possibly want is their Dolby Vision, HDR 10 plus adaptive. It's going to have IMAX filmmaker mode, but more of everything that we loved about the U8H is going to appear in the U8K. So the U8K is still considered the North American Flagship TV from Hisense. However, it has been announced that Hisense will be bringing its UX to the U.S

2023 Hisense U8K Flagship TV

This is a super high-end Hisense TV that previously was only available in the Asian market, and it's unclear whether or not it would go to your local retailer and purchase. This TV could be that high sensor codes direct to consumers but you will be able to buy it in the U.S. Now, this is an experiment for Hisense because it is a super high-end TV, it would probably come in around $5000, and that's for something like an 85 inch. And if you go all the way up to an 8K 110-inch version, obviously, the price is going to go up.
Hisense U8 TV

But it's a bit of a gamble for Hisense because they're known as a high-performance, but high-value brand where the prices are kept relatively low. This is going to be punching up into the pricing territory that you see from folks like Sony, Samsung, and LG. But it does prove that Hisense is getting very serious about pushing into the high end while also providing televisions that are high performance and high value at the same time. Hisense is working very hard on its processing, they know they're right up against Sony when it comes to the fine details. What's really going to push them up into that tier-one performance and they are working on that actively?

2023 Hisense TV Lineup Summary​

Broadly speaking, Hisense's TV lineup looks really aggressive. like I said, I don't know any other manufacturer that's bringing mini LED down to a level like the U6K, that's pretty notable and puts them in a pretty good position for 2023.

Last edited: