6 keys when you choose a home projector

CarriesG

After using the projector recently, I think it's really wonderful to have a home theater! As for the projector, there are so many parameters that got me confused. What do you know about the projector? I will share the knowledge during this period of lockdown with you. Come to me if you don't understand ! Please remember the following 6 keys!

1. Contrast: recommended 5000:1

Contrast is the contrast value of the darkest and whitest areas in the image, so remember that the larger the contrast is, the richer and more delicate the color performance of the image!

Note: it is not that the greater the contrast, the better! In terms of family movie viewing, I think that 5000:1 daily movie viewing is enough. If possible, you can start with 10000:1 and above.

6 keys when you choose a home projector

2. Brightness: 1500-3000 lumens recommended

If you want to have a good viewing effect in the day and night, you should pay attention to the brightness parameter. What do you think? Look at the lumen. Generally, projectors are not limited by the environment, and the lumen is at least 2000.

Note: too much lumen (more than 4000 lumens) can cause eye discomfort and even tingling. So the lumen of home projector is usually 1500-3000.

3. Resolution: 1080p recommended

Resolution is an important factor to reflect the definition of the picture. The mainstream resolutions of the projector are 720p, 1080p, 4K, etc. in daily use, 1080p can have a good effect.

4. Projection technology (parameters): DLP projector recommended

At present, there are three kinds of mainstream projection technology, According to the comprehensive analysis, I recommends DLP projector, which has good comprehensive performance, high cost performance and is suitable for home use.

3DLC projector: best frame quality, expensive, biggest in size, used in theater.
3LCD projector: reach color, stable to run, very big in size, used in office or classroom.
DLP projector: high contrast ratio, great frame quality, great brightness performance, used at home.
LCD projector: poor color and brightness performance compared with 3DLC/3LCD/DLP projector, very cheap.

5. See if it has three necessary functions: gradient correction, wireless connection and intelligent remote control

(1) Trapezoid correction: to ensure that the projection position can always be straightened, the projector is necessary!

(2) Wireless connection: Bluetooth, WiFi wireless connection function, screen projection and mobile phone connection are also necessary.

(3) Intelligent remote control: the function can realize voice control, human-computer interaction, etc., and liberate hands! Necessary.

6. Screen size: Based on viewing distance

The last step is to choose the screen size. Mainly based on viewing distance.

Reference: it is recommended to use 16:9 or 16:10 screen for home use. It is recommended to select a screen within 100 inches if the viewing distance is within 3 meters, and select a screen larger than 100 inches if it is larger than 3 meters.

Well, I hope the info above could be helpful for beginners. Please leave a message if you have any questions.